• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TSU88

Glass half full?

Also funny that I asked a question about Johnson and Moore yesterday because they are phenomenal talents and Rob's answer has gotten some kudos.

10 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

And we're the joke of Twitter

Omg, makes me sick to watch.  I just checked the stats. 367 yds and 10+ per carry. Top tier 1aa programs don't let that happen Mat.

Top-tier 1-AA programs don't beat Morgan State 10-0 or go 4-7 the year before. We're just average and we're giving too much respect to every opponent we play by sitting back five yards off of receivers and never blitzing. We're sitting back and watching on D instead of attacking. I have some hopes about the offense this season and I think we have some potential on D. Good news is we won't have to face Moore and Johnson again. Bad news is that we won't have to face Morgan State's offense again.

18 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

Johnny Holiday on XM today and the only thing more excruciating than that was sitting in stop & go traffic throughout half of South Carolina.  Basic radio play by play is ballcarrier, where he advances it, yards gained, next down and distance.  I found myself wondering what the hell was going on throughout the game.  On a couple of the Twerps long scores, he didn't pick up the yard mark until like the 20 or 15 and I'm like, 'how the hell did he get there so quickly?'.  On our first score, they were in the middle of a scoreboard update and they come back and we're in the end zone.  I've been told that Johnny is an institution but he and his analyst left a ton to be desired calling that game.

Holiday is infuriating -- almost a caricature of a bad game announcer (he's also the ultimate U-Md. homer). Once upon a time, he was better, but more.

Johnny Holiday is an institution and a great guy. That's one of the reasons he's lasted so long. Is he a good broadcaster or play-by-play guy anymore? Not really. He probably never was (still has the voice though) but he certainly slipped over the last decade. Most guys are homers that have been broadcasting one school for nearly 40 years. Not my style though if I was still doing play-by-play, I'm sure I'd be one and Spiro certainly has his homer moments. Both of us went to the school and Johnny probably feels like an alum.