• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

UMass dominates MLax, 14-10

There is a lot more competition for the blue collar players from the the time Coach Runk was coaching. High Point, Jacksonville, Utah, just to name a few.

44 minutes ago, TUvet said:

There is a lot more competition for the blue collar players from the the time Coach Runk was coaching. High Point, Jacksonville, Utah, just to name a few.

How many Final Fours have they made? Brand new practice field coming and hopefully indoor facility. No reason why we can’t put together an offense that turns it over less than 17 times per game. And I do think Nads is a great coach and a good motivator. Recruiting should still be better. We’re still in the best state for lax even if we’re the third or fourth choice for most kids.

That would be none. I don't disagree about the offense. I can just tell you Towson isn't an easy sell. I think their new national recruiting philosophy is smart.  An indoor facility would be an enormous recruiting tool.

Edited by TUvet

2 hours ago, TUvet said:

That would be none. I don't disagree about the offense. I can just tell you Towson isn't an easy sell. I think their new national recruiting philosophy is smart.  An indoor facility would be an enormous recruiting tool.

A little concerned about the new DC and have always been concerned about the OC. Nads/Gilardi brought in Drenner, Seider, Lynch and McCarty. No reason why they can't get more talent up front. Maybe Towson is a tough sell for a lacrosse player locally. So continue to get guys from Kent Island, AA County, NOVA, etc. There are high D1 transfers out there that want to come and play here because they couldn't get playing time like Monahan. I wonder if Nads got cold feet because 2018 was an abject disaster. Monahan was bad for the most part. Johnny G. ok. Fromert and Brody McLean didn't much until this year but he was from Mercer and McLean from Stony Brook. 

I don't know if Nads gives Gillardi too much responsibility on the recruiting trail. Cocchi leaving has me wondering about things, why an assistant leaves a 2017 FF team for another assistant job. I don't think it was just about money. Maybe I'm wrong. Tough to lose a Towson HOFer to another assistant job, even if it was to a B10 program.

One thing to keep in mind that we are still dealing with the early recruiting effects. This summer's 2021 rising junior class will be the first class that does not have early recruiting. There are a handful of kids that committed in middle school before the rule change. This year September 1 will be the official date for recruiting. T

I did not like Coccho leaving either. Cocchi leaving to me gave me the impression of the opportunity for more money and that he felt if Nads left Gilardi would get the job over him. That is total speculation on my part.  Nads is a defensive guy and if he sees something he does not like from Grossi he needs to step in.  I did like the fact that Grossi was recruiting coordinator at Richmond.