• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Regular season lax wrap-up

As we head to another meeting with Delaware on Thursday night at 7:30pm (we'll chat), let's take a brief look at a strange regular season, that featured two early wins against Johns Hopkins and then No. 1. Loyola and then three straight losses to Denver, Duke and Cornell. 

Delaware despite being suspect at the faceoff X will be a tough game. Hopefully Woodall can go.  I watched the UMAss Delaware game on Friday and despite UMAS being thoroughly dominate in faceoffs it was tied with a couple minutes left in the game.

I was going to go into the stats, but they weren't updated since last game so I'll have to adjust them myself. 

*Brendan Sunday leads the team with 39g and 19a. 
*Brody McLean adds 28g, 6a.
*Timmy Monahan leads all mifielders with 20g, 14a.
*Luke Fromert has 19g, 10a.
*Grant Maloof is second in midfield scoring with 18g, 9a.

After those five players, the next highest scorer is:

D Koby Smith with 6 goals and 4 assists.

*Woodall has won 74.5% of his face-offs.
*McNall has won 28 of 54 of his draws including 7 of 22 on Saturday.

Overall, 

Clears are only at 80%, opponents clears are at around 85%

On special teams,

Opponents are 16 of 51 on man-up opportunities at 31.3%
On man-up, Towson is 21 of 47 at 44.6%

We have 233 turnovers in 13 games for 17.9 per game

Five of the eight leaders are transfers. McClean, Monahan, Frommert, K. Smith, Woodall all transferred. It may be time to go that route again. There will be a lot of holes to fill. It is going to be tougher with the transfer portal.

• Like 1

IF we happen to lose the conference championship,  I think a good 3 or 4 plus goal win in the conference semis and a close loss in the championship assuming its against UMASS should get us in no?

Towson has to beat Delaware (not going to be easy) and we need Maryland to beat Hopkins, and Loyola to win the Patriot League.  If Hopkins beats Maryland again and we lose to UMASS I think they will get in over us.