• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB lands big transfer

Didn’t someone here mention this as possibility a while back?  He has to sit out so they would both be jrs together right?   Well if Solomon blows up atleast this would help him stay

Yeah, I think this was kind of a no-brainer. Glad we recruited Solomon and as soon as we landed him, I thought his brother might land here because he was getting no playing time at USC. Will have to sit out and can put on a little weight. Super athletic.

Could have a bigger impact on D, as rim protector & rebounder, than on O. Put him in the weight room until November 2020. Maybe his arrival will also be a boost to Solomon’s game. 

1 ship left for this fall. 

Love it. Now we need a wing for next season to replace Fobbs. I'm sure his presence will help Solomon next season, just having him in practice to push him. Doesn't look like he has a back to the basket game but can put the ball on the floor some. But bigs are still important, esp. on the defensive end. We've NEVER had a kid that long and athletic. Closest was 6-10 Tony Dixon, who had some skill. Derrick Goode was 6-11 and ground bound. Same with 6-10 Jason Crump in the 90s. This kid is on another level and will at least help defensively and probably on the boards. Offense could be just put backs and ally-oops for all I care but having that year off should help his O.

Wish we had a big man’s coach or could send him to be tutored at one of those camps run by a former successful big. But certainly reason to be optimistic about this news. 

And Mat, I agree; the last ship should go to a player who can presumably step into Fobbs’ spot in the fall of 2020. Either a D1 transfer or maybe an under the radar JUCO, like Fobbs was

Kind of intrigued by Sam Iorio, the American transfer, even though his shooting numbers went drastically down from his first season. He has Washington State, Furman and Towson on his list.

FWIW, which may be nothing, he’s following one of our coaches on twitter. I don’t see that he’s following any coach from WSU or Furman, but WSU is P5 & didn’t Furman have a really good season last year?