• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB lands big transfer

I’m not questioning B-ball Mat, but unless & until something is announced, I’m not making any conclusions. We have 1 open ship for the fall. I have good reason to believe we’re looking (or maybe I should say also looking) at 1 or more sit 1 transfers. The waiting is the worst part. Hopefully we’ll know something soon

According to verbal commits the following are 6'8" players with immediate eligibility and that have not already committed to a new team:

Micaiah Henry (Tenn Tech) 9.7ppg  4.7rpg

Romani Hansen (Sav. St.) 9.5ppg  5.5rpg

Shaquillo Fritz (Ark. St.) 1.9ppg  2.6rpg

Emmanuel Olojakpoke (Akron) 1.6ppg  1.7rpg

Alonzo Tyson (Col. St.) no stats and before that (Cape Fear CC) 14ppg 8.4rpg

Jalen Willians (Furman) 1.4ppg  1.8rpg

Unless this player is not listed on verbal commits, or information posted is otherwise incorrect (i.e. height, eligibility, etc.) then I'm not sure any of these players will significantly help us get to the Dance.   

This is just a guess on my part, but maybe the poster is referring to Anthony Higgs, who is 6’8 & went to Perry Hall HS in Baltimore County. Higgs originally committed to Ole Miss, where he would have been a freshman last fall. However, he de-committed from Ole Miss & committed to Illinois. He never got on the court last season at Illinois, as he had some kind of injury (might have been a foot injury). Just recently, Higgs announced he was transferring out of Illinois. When he was in HS, Towson was one of the schools recruiting him. I have no inside information one way or the other as to whether Higgs is coming here. Also, I’m not sure he’d be eligible or not this fall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TSU88 said:

This is just a guess on my part, but maybe the poster is referring to Anthony Higgs, who is 6’8 & went to Perry Hall HS in Baltimore County. Higgs originally committed to Ole Miss, where he would have been a freshman last fall. However, he de-committed from Ole Miss & committed to Illinois. He never got on the court last season at Illinois, as he had some kind of injury (might have been a foot injury). Just recently, Higgs announced he was transferring out of Illinois. When he was in HS, Towson was one of the schools recruiting him. I have no inside information one way or the other as to whether Higgs is coming here. Also, I’m not sure he’d be eligible or not this fall. 

I’am hearing commitment coming soon. Of course until is done it’s not done. But some pretty good pieces are being put together for next year. With the departures in Conference we are in a very good position to win next year with this group. The Freshman have had a years worth of experience. Timberlake is back,  Fobbs should be better with now the transfer who sat out last year able to play. The newcomers will help. Gibson I think is a quintessential point guard. There will be some scoring off the bench next year. I love the direction we are headed in, What do you guys think? We should be right there at the top in Conference 

I dig your enthusiasm. Assuming your info is correct, I’m not sure I would have gone public with it, at least until it happened. In any event, assuming it does happen, why do you think he’s eligible this fall?

47 minutes ago, Basketball Mat said:

I’am hearing commitment coming soon. Of course until is done it’s not done. But some pretty good pieces are being put together for next year. With the departures in Conference we are in a very good position to win next year with this group. The Freshman have had a years worth of experience. Timberlake is back,  Fobbs should be better with now the transfer who sat out last year able to play. The newcomers will help. Gibson I think is a quintessential point guard. There will be some scoring off the bench next year. I love the direction we are headed in, What do you guys think? We should be right there at the top in Conference 

Like the enthusiasm and optimism that you have.  If this transfer can play right away and is as good as you think, that will help.  We have not hit a homerun or even double on a D1 transfer in a while.

The mass exodus does help us for next year, but Delaware and JMU will be strong. Charleston still has Riller and some good young pieces.  

I’d say Moto was a double. Can’t call him a home run, because we didn’t win anything during his 2 years.

1 hour ago, Basketball Mat said:

You still didn't mention if that commitment is for a sit-out transfer or one that can play right away. I assume it's a sit-out from what I was told. And while I share some optimism, I really do not know until I see Gibson and the rest of the team over the summer and fall. How much did Solly improve? Can he show more of a face-up game? Did Dottin get a jumper and will he create more for others? Is Timberlake more assertive and is his shot more consistent? Can Betrand slow it down some and not rush things whenever he's on the court? Will Sanders still be foul-prone at center? Can Juwan Gray give us 12-14ppg and 6rpg at the 4 and some 3? If so, can Tunstall play some center without getting overpowered? Can Fobbs develop a right hand? Is Gibson strong enough to get around screens on D and can he run this team while managing the offense? Will will attempt to run more and not just play with one of the slowest paces in the nation?

A lot of questions and yes, the league is going to be wide effing open. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’d say Moto was a double. Can’t call him a home run, because we didn’t win anything during his 2 years.

I would say Sanders is an infield single right now. Moto was solid. Morman was a double until his last season and then he struck out. We struck out big-time with Astroth.

A swinging bunt infield single? 

Astroth was Chris Davis striking out after watching 3 pitches right down the middle, & not swinging at any of them. And then shaking his head as he walks away from the plate, like “I can’t  understand for the life of me what just happened.”