• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Maryland edges MLax in OT, 14-13

Comments

John Tillman

"Proud of our guys to find a way against a very good team. These are the games, it's hard to see either team lose at the end of the year. Couldn't be more impressed with Towson. As everybody is advertised. We had to battle all day. We hadn't responded well the last couple of weeks when things didn't go well. When we were down 7-3, we battled and that was huge for us."

Always tough to go to a press conference when the seniors are done but to lose like this was rough, especially on Brendan Sunday. He made a remarkable improvement in his career and should be proud of an incredible senior season.

Opening Comment from Nads (having a tough time trying to get the words out)

"These are the ones that hurt the most. Just proud of our team. This senior class for what they've done the entire course of the year, not just this season but to start this fall. It was a heck of a game. Both teams made plays. I'm proud of our guys."

Sunday

"It's tough. Put one in with 1:50 left. Went up 13-12. Won the next face-off. I thought I probably could have done a better job of getting a better shot. We left a little too much time left on the clock. They came back and made a play. That's just how things go sometimes. Overtime. A tipped pass. They got a good look. The capitalized. It's tough. I'll miss the guys and the senior class. Nobody wants to leave after you lose. Just tough sometimes..(getting emotional).

We had a great four years here. Went through it all. Final Four in 2017. A pretty terrible year in 2018. A pretty remarkable turnaround this year. This is the year I'm most proud of the way we rebounded and stuck together. This is what a true family is all about. This is a year I'll never forget. I made some great friends. I can't thank the coaches enough for allowing me to suit up and play.

On last possession on whether he expected a double team (didn't really get it until he moved towards the cage. I guess I should have rephrased the question)

"Yup. I assumed I was going to get a quick double. I expected it the whole year."

Nads on Alex Woodall

He's a warrior. He shouldn't have been out there but he chose to be out there. He wasn't going to let his senior year not end on his terms. For everything that he did for this team, he was going to do everything he did to help his team. I couldn't be more impressed with that. That young man and what he has done for himself and the program, especially this season.

Nads on the year

"It's impressive on what a group of men can accomplish when they put their minds to it. When they commit to it. It was this senior class from the end of last year who took it and made that commitment. Communicated to the team blow them about how it was going to go and why. They took action. I told them in the locker room that in my eight years as a head coach, I haven't been more impressed than I have been with this group. From start to finish in the fall all the way to now. To put Towson lacrosse to where we are today.

Nads on streaky game

Great question. It's a little bit of boxing match. We had some lulls in our play offensively and defensively and they capitalized. They created opportunities and we capitalized. Not really systematic. Just capitalizing on possessions and plays. We made some mistakes and they countered

On last play

I felt very confident. We preach that in terms of defense finishing the game. We know we had to make a stop at the end of the game to finish off. Unfortunately, we didn't do that. That's on us. I had all the confidence in the world that the guys were going to do it. 

On seniors playing pro

It's a tremendous credit to these guys and the work they put in. Brendan is a guy is someone that we had high expectations and he worked hard. His best lacrosse is definitely in front of him. My biggest concern is helping these guys out at the end of school year and that they stay on track. It's a very tough time for the right now.