• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Tgr4life

New Gymnastics Coach

Women's lacrosse has had the most success over the last decade or so until this year. They just had an off-season. Softball has had some success but they always seem to lose out to Hofstra or JMU when it matters. A lot of the success or lack there of, has to do with resources and facilities. They finally have a Field Hockey facility. It took 20 years. That should help. They are building a women's soccer facility with turf and a new stadium. That can't hurt along with a practice field for football and lax. Those two programs have really suffered. At some point with softball, after giving them a new facility, it might be time for a change on the staff. Women's track became a success when they hired Mike Jackson. He's done a great job. 

Maybe that's what gymnastics needs. Another coaching change. It's tough to get into women's sports or even men's sports when they are winning. I pay attention to baseball but mainly due to Flacco this year. The non-revenue sports are only interesting to me if you have success or a great player, which helps the success like Jack Saunderson in swimming. 

For me, watching women's basketball has been rough until this season. I did PBP for the sport in the late nineties when they were pretty bad. Had one pretty good season. Now they have an excellent coach and they have terrific guards. I know I need to get out there next season (weather permitting) and watch them, maybe in November and December. I wouldn't have said that over the last 25 years other than a few seasons when we had Shanae-Baker Brice, who was fun to watch. Kiona Jeter is in that class and more.

The Gymnastics coach that was fired is now listed as the Head Coach on both the team page and the Staff Directory. She was not listed there for a while, but has been put back. Something odd going on here. It does not seem like a good situation for the department. 

• Confused 1

Job is posted on Towson's HR website for a new head coach and I'm probably reading too much into things but there was no mention of the EAGL, whereas the job for an assistant WLAX coach mentions competing in the CAA.

Well all I know is that they dropped 14 spots in the rankings after the coach was put on leave. That doesn't speak well for the assistant. Seems like she was in over her head. I have also heard not great things about the assistant coach and her husband. I hope they hire outside and don't let her walk into the job

• Like 1