• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Demetrius Mims transfers to Towson

This could be a good get. Local kid who won 2 State championships, scored 1,500 points & was a State POY. Was recruited by legit programs like VCU. Went to Long Beach State & for whatever reason it didn’t click for him out there. Now he’ll have until November 2020 to hone his game & has 3 years of eligibility left. We’ll need someone to pick up the slack for Fobbs; hopefully Mims can be that guy.

• Like 1

Seems like a good get, but I always thought our program would be better if we could get more kids like this as freshmen. I realize this is easier said than done. Just a casual thought/wish for the program.

As I've said in the past, I think most Baltimore kids want to get out of the area so it's tougher to recruit them and there are not as many players as there used to be. No problem with that. A very good student at Poly (3.6gpa). He wears No. 1

So as we stand for 2020-21

PG Gibson/Dottin

SG Timberlake/Betrand

SF D. Mims

PF Juwan Gray, Solomon U. 

C Victor U., C. Thompson

That leaves us with four ships for next season. Maybe they do the same thing, sign two early (guards) and two transfers late. Need a PF and maybe a 3. Or a point guard if those two don't work out. A lot depends on the improvement of Betrand, Dottin and Timberlake. Not really worried about Solly. He's not going anywhere I presume.

I like it.  A Dan Monson recruit.  

Can we get some of their non conference games in addition to this transfer. 

We need to me more aggressive with scheduling and Monson does that better than most.