• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Some new roster additions

FR LB Brock Wallace (6-2, 255), Palotti HS, Laurel, MD

R-FR OL Adrian Henley (6-4, 260), transfer from Marshall, from Severn, Md.

Fr OL Roman Warheit (6-7, 320), Rhauderfehn, Germany 

Jr WR Clifford Carter (5-9, 180), Lackawanna College, Silver Spring, Md., 4.48 40 (next Leatherbury?)

I expect them to add at least two more OL. Already mentioned the big kid from Temple at RT and they need a right guard and some depth. Also need depth on DL, maybe a blocking TE and a RB. Oh yeah, and a safety. I think we now have four competing for one spot assuming Jamal Gay gets the nod at one.

• Like 1

He's big and fast. My guess is, that if he's ready to start at OLB, they move either Keon Paye or DeBerry inside to play next to Heyward. Only thing he lacks is experience.

Just was reading some stuff about him on a Nebraska message board. He didn’t get on the field in his 3 years there, 1 of which I think was lost to injury. When a player transfers out of a program, I suppose you need to take some of the message board comments with a grain of salt. Some questioned his work ethic & one comment was to the effect he’s more interested in being a WWF wrestler than a football player (apparently he wrestled in HS). In any event, he appears to have the physical tools & hopefully is motivated to make the most of his remaining eligibility. I say welcome aboard  & give him a clean slate to start with here. 

• Like 2

Can’t have enough O-Line depth, although if Gilmore is really 390 I would think he needs to lose some serious poundage.

I still think we need help on the D-Line

I heard Gilmore was big but not sure that weight is right. He's there for depth as I think Bryant will be the right tackle and Tuiasosopo the right guard.

Yes, another nose guard is needed. They are not done yet from what I hear, maybe adding two more D guys and one more on O (hopefully RB). 

I think the potential at D-line is scary: Vinnie Shaffer, Jesus Gibbs, Bowman, Byce Carter, Tibo, even Q. Alexander can play defensive end if they go 4-3, which who knows. The new DC could mix it up.

Some of those weights are not accurate. Well, accurate to maybe 2-3 years ago. For example, Gibbs is not 275, he's around 290+. If you go with Shaffer (310ish), Gibbs (290ish) and Bowman (275), that's bigger than last year's line already if they are going 3-4. Even r-freshman Prince Ukpai (around 260) could rotate with Carter and Tibo (285). But I'd like one more big 300+ dude in the middle.

Now Robert Topps from Kansas is very intriguing at 6-2, 205 or so. He might not start because we already added two juco safeties in the offseason and well, he doesn't have much experience. But I certainly think he will help out on special teams. A 3* prospect who played mainly special teams at Kansas in his freshman season. Doesn't hurt that he's All-Academic

High School: Rated a three-star prospect by ESPN.com, Rivals.com and 247sports.com … Helped Marist HS to an 8-2 record and a playoff berth in 2016 … Named First Team All-East Suburban Catholic Conference playing for head coach Pat Dunne … Helped the Redhawks to a 2015 Illinois State Championship appearance and a 2016 ESCC championship … Posted three interceptions, a blocked field goal, two punt blocks and a special teams touchdown as a senior … Also lettered in basketball.