• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

First lax transfer reported

41 minutes ago, TUvet said:

My understanding is there is another transfer coming the Tigers way.

Could use a big, athletic scoring midfielder. If the Maryland kid is healthy, he looks like a feeder a bit like Drenner. Or a fast short stick defensive midfielder in the Goodrich mode.

Today I read where Jacksonville added the #61 ranked and #38 ranked players in the country as transfers. At the same time High Point signed the MVP of the Inside Lacrosse Invitational.    With the additions of schools to the lacrosse landscape the last few years the need for Towson to nail their incoming freshman recruits is really becoming crucial.  We had a span the last couple of years where transfers were a substantial part of our lineup. The increased competition for transfers, and the advent of the transfer portal I believe have hurt Towson. To my knowledge we have added one impact transfer in the last two years. I was told earlier in the summer there is a second transfer that is a good player.

Nads has proven to be a GREAT coach.  The university is so fortunate to have him as a coach.  However, his staff's job is more challenging than ever with not only fighting the traditional programs for recruits but new programs like Jacksonville, Marquette and Utah for potential recruits. and transfers.

• Like 1

Hearing about a certain tall, troubled, and talented attackman might be coming back for his last season and is practicing with the team again.

• Like 1

A couple more transfers

Soph. Austin Stewart, 6-0, 180 A/M from Arlington, Va. played at St. Stephen and St.Agnes. From Denver.

Soph. Drew Martin, 6-3, 185, Middie from Dix Hills, NY, Air Force 

Don't think either played a game up there

Then the Maryland transfer James Avanzat is listed at 5-10, 185 and a freshman A/M.