• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

CAA Football Media Day thread

27 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I'll be surprised if TF has the same success as last year. I'm sure DC's are already planning how to stop or slow him.

Or glass half full. He's started just one year and should be improved. Receiving corps might be better with additions of Street, Carter and Thompson along with two all-conference players in Allen and Leatherbury. Has to get rid of the ball and not hold onto it as long as he did last season looking for big play. Nothing wrong with dumping it off to Shane Simpson. Can definitely improve on 61.1% completion rate and 11 INTs. As a passer, he still has work to do. As a runner, he's one of the best in the CAA. What he can do out of the pocket is unmatched. It's improving in the pocket, making the right decision, especially against the top defenses like Maine and JMU. So sure, teams will try to adjust but so will he.

• Like 1

Surprised to see UNH at 7 & Nova at 9 in the preseason poll. Is Richmond at 10? Also a bit surprised to see Rhode Island, which was pretty decent last year, at 8. I also wonder if Maine is sustainable as a top tier team now that their coach bolted for JMU. Maybe there’s enough leftover talent for now, but will that talent pipeline dry up?

13 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Surprised to see UNH at 7 & Nova at 9 in the preseason poll. Is Richmond at 10? Also a bit surprised to see Rhode Island, which was pretty decent last year, at 8. I also wonder if Maine is sustainable as a top tier team now that their coach bolted for JMU. Maybe there’s enough leftover talent for now, but will that talent pipeline dry up?

The UMaine coach  Harasymiak moved to U Minnesota not JMU.  Cignetti moves from Elon to JMU.  URI has to replace the QB and there play in conference play was mediocre. Richmond is struggling with a new coaching staff that seems to be in over its head. Villanova May have to replace its HC too.  UNH and Maine will find it more difficult to play top tier 1AA FB in the future.  COA is the next major hurdle for most schools.