• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Hero Sports preview

Expectations are high. Season starts 4 weeks from today. Opening on the road vs a triple option team in Citadel hopefully won’t be a trap game. I know we rolled them last year, but that was at home. 

I assume no more newcomers, beyond those already mentioned?

13 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Expectations are high. Season starts 4 weeks from today. Opening on the road vs a triple option team in Citadel hopefully won’t be a trap game. I know we rolled them last year, but that was at home. 

I assume no more newcomers, beyond those already mentioned?

Wrong,  got a much better D front in 2019. The move to a multiple set will allow the Tigers to use the 3-4 against The Citadel.  I believe we can shut down that TO and cause some turnovers.  The Cit ain’t Navy.

also, I would always expect additional newcomers in upper echelon FCS/CAA programs. Check the roster.. over 20.  @300+ lbs . This is a whole different team than the one that lost to Dusquene in 2018.

Edited by RundaPower

I’m not predicting a L vs Citadel, I was simply saying I hope it doesn’t turn into a trap game. 

I also wasn’t criticizing the fact we’ve added transfers. I was simply asking if there are any other newcomers beyond the ones that have already been disclosed here on this board

Edited by TSU88

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I’m not predicting a L vs Citadel, I was simply saying I hope it doesn’t turn into a trap game. 

I also wasn’t criticizing the fact we’ve added transfers. I was simply asking if there are any other newcomers beyond the ones that have already been disclosed here on this board

There are none that I know about but with Rob, even as camp starts, you just never know what he has up his sleeve and what the scholarship situation is. Personally, I’d like to see a big back and a WR, since we lost three since the spring.

Great article. I’m excited to see touchdown Tommy and crew light up the scoreboard this season. He needs to stay healthy and lead this team back to the championship. High expectations for sure, but hopefully we surpass them. The defense has to be better than last year with experience under their belts and some big freshman ready to make an impact. It’ll be interesting to see how the offense operates under rowdy Rob without his little bro. Some questions to speculate because it’s August:

Is it championship or bust this season?

Will we be able to take down JMU?

Will the defense be able to stop the run and win games for us this year? Or will the offense have to carry the team on their backs?

Lots of good games on the schedule this year, which home game do you think is the biggest/worth going to?

Last question, anyone want to pay for my ticket and flight to the Florida game? I’ll settle for the Citadel, Charleston is v nice too!

Gotta win the CAA outright.  Towson has to be a one or two seed in order to avoid having to travel throughout the playoffs. WAY TOO EARLY TO BE TALKING A OUT SEEDS!  I think the Tigers have a great opportunity to knock off JMU this year.  We know the Elon offensive/defensive schemes. No surprise.  UDEL with Jammer as OC and call TWEST for plane fare and tix to UFLorida.