• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
RundaPower

Prognosticators?

In addition to hopefully avoiding the injury bug, you touched on some of the keys to the upcoming season-D must get off the field on 3rd down (and generate a consistent pass rush & create TO’s); and O scoring TD’s rather than settling for FG’s. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

In addition to hopefully avoiding the injury bug, you touched on some of the keys to the upcoming season-D must get off the field on 3rd down (and generate a consistent pass rush & create TO’s); and O scoring TD’s rather than settling for FG’s. 

The offensive issue is certainly doable even without that prestigious 225-pound back. The defensive part is going to be tougher with new players and a new scheme. It might take a few games to get adjusted.

Now that's why I want to see Gibbs, Bowman and Alexander on the field at the same time, at least during passing situations. That could be scary. Don't think you'll need them against The Citadel. 

Yeah, I also heard that Flacco may play some safety this year .  Probably just 3rd and 4th down and long situations.  With the fact that he’s a know entity on offense and is obviously getting older, it may be one of the only ways he can impact the outcome of the game. They could always use Cheripko at QB for a couple of snaps each game.

Safety? Phooey on that, I say. I heard from a reliable source (the assistant equipment managers fortune teller) that he’s going to play nose tackle...with a leather helmet, no less!!!

I also heard O’Neill is being dropped from the team and replaced by Gus, the field goal kicking mule.

My biggest concern though is all those homesick transfers. What, with them making calls back home, right in the huddle!!!. I mean that can’t be good, can it?

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

In addition to hopefully avoiding the injury bug, you touched on some of the keys to the upcoming season-D must get off the field on 3rd down (and generate a consistent pass rush & create TO’s); 

that has always been our issue