• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

2019 Game Predictions

Since its been talked about in a previous thread... what's everyone's best guesses on the seasons upcoming games.?

@ Citadel (RV in some polls/#25)  Triple option in the Charleston heat. They apparently have a decent QB who played after our meeting last year.  W-35-27

NC Central- Offense gets revved up in home opener- W-41-20

@ Maine (#4/5)- Key game of the season. Win and we are going places, while a loss could sting. Thankful the game is in September and not November. Orono is FAR. No Ramon Jefferson, who killed us for 121 yards and 3 scores last year who was kicked off the team. They still return a very good defense.  W- 24-23 (Last second O'Neil FG) Could very well go the other way

Villanova (RV in some polls)  Wildcats looking for revenge after last years beat-down. W-31-27

@ Florida (#5 FBS)  Great defense, speed all over the place. Numerous 4 & 5 star recruits. Cash the check and remain injury free. L-45-10

BYE- Much better spot then where it was last year.

Albany- Not great under the new coach, possibly the worst in CAA. First trip to Towson as a CAA member (Odd scheduling quirk) W-49-21

Bucknell- Trap game right before a showdown at JMU. Add in Homecoming, it will be closer than it should. W 27-17

@ JMU (#1/2) 6-20-1 all time vs the dirty dukes with a 1-12 record in Harrisonburg? Not expecting this to change, JMU is very strong this year L-49-24

Delaware (#22) The team who usually should win this game, usually doesn't and something screwy always goes on.  After last years thrilling game, another one awaits. We always lose a few at home that maybe we shouldn't. This is one of those games. L-30-28 Delaware wins on a safety as time expires.

@ Stony Brook (#26) This series is usually very competitive and from 2013-2016 every game was won by the road team. This trend picks back up this year as Flacco and the offense struggles on a cold rainy/windy day on Long Island L-22-16

@WM- The Tribe have been down for a few seasons but will right the ship under new coach Mike London. Just not this year..  Tigers take it down in Williamsburg W-34-20

Elon (#10/12) Phoenix were missing their QB and RB last year against us. Cheek should be back this year and something tells me they will not go 5-19 passing for 30 yards. Playoffs and possible seed on the line? Tigers have a let down on senior day at a near empty Unitas Stadium L 30-24

So I have 7-5 (4-4 CAA), which after the Colonials' stinker in the playoffs, leaves us on the outside looking in. The Maine, Delaware, SB and Elon games are all toss ups so we can very easily be 9-3 or 6-6.

Well,  SB has essentially the same D as last year minus their top two players.  They gave up 50 to us last year. How could they possibly hold us to 16pts? They also have a new qb and new OL.  Logic would tell us that you are wrong here.  Elon,  lost RB and OT’s. on D they lost a bunch too.  Also, new coach and the fact that we put up 45 on them last year leads us to you being very wrong here.  Bucknell willl not be a trap game.  They are woefully outmanned in every game they play and Joe Susan has been replaced by Cecccini (Valpo and Lehigh)

Did you do any research while making these picks?

13 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Well,  SB has essentially the same D as last year minus their top two players.  They gave up 50 to us last year. How could they possibly hold us to 16pts? They also have a new qb and new OL.  Logic would tell us that you are wrong here.  Elon,  lost RB and OT’s. on D they lost a bunch too.  Also, new coach and the fact that we put up 45 on them last year leads us to you being very wrong here.  Bucknell willl not be a trap game.  They are woefully outmanned in every game they play and Joe Susan has been replaced by Cecccini (Valpo and Lehigh)

Did you do any research while making these picks?

HAHAHAHAHHA.

Well, I mean, if its the same as last year we will just go 8-4 and get smoked by Duquense again, right?

Carbone wasnt a good QB, addition by subtraction.  Not their Defense's fault a KR for a TD, and two fumbles inside their 25 lead to 17 points, Does 35-28 sound better to you?

Elon's RB who played against is back. Their QB who started against is back to playing Defensive Back..  The new coach will be 11 games in by the time they come around. Looked at roster and I'll give you their offensive line will be a lot of R-Fr, but do have two that started all season last year back.

WM was woefully out-manned last year against us, and they had a lead at half.

Ok, I’ll play.  What if Brent doesn’t drop the Winning pass for a last second TD against UD?  Maybe we get a seed and don’t have to play Duquesne 😊

Do you know which kid is replacing Carbone?  They don’t have a transfer QB and the young kids they have had a rough Spring. Not addition by subtraction.  That only works on Madden...Also, I guess you are forgetting that we put 450 yds of offense on them!  That is their Defenses fault!  Hmmm  

WM is not Bucknell in any way shape or form. WM tripped over themselves and still beat them 14-7 last year(1st game).  Bucknell didn’t have 100yds of offense until late in the game.  By the end of the season the Bison didn’t have a starter over 250 on defense last year.

Look, it’s a tough schedule. JMU & Maine on the road. Realistically, a split would be a coup. We’re obviously going to lose in the swamp. At Stony Brook will be no walk in the park, & Elon & Delaware aren’t cupcakes 🧁, even though those are home games. And, I still think Citadel, in the heat, on the road, with there triple option offense, is a potential trap game. 

I think 9-3 is best case scenario. Now, if all the stars align (no key injuries, big contributions by multiple newcomers, D generates pass rush & TO’s & gets off the field on 3rd downs) we could exceed that. Conversely, if we fall short in some of these areas, the record could be worse then 9-3, like 7-5 or 6-6. I’m hoping for the 9-3 or better. 

I like the sound of the ten and two Towson tigers. Only losing to the Gators and Dukes.

But realistically we could drop games to Delaware and Maine shake out to around 8-4 and will be sweating it out for a playoff seed....again

15 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Ok, I’ll play.  What if Brent doesn’t drop the Winning pass for a last second TD against UD?  Maybe we get a seed and don’t have to play Duquesne 😊

Do you know which kid is replacing Carbone?  They don’t have a transfer QB and the young kids they have had a rough Spring. Not addition by subtraction.  That only works on Madden...Also, I guess you are forgetting that we put 450 yds of offense on them!  That is their Defenses fault!  Hmmm  

WM is not Bucknell in any way shape or form. WM tripped over themselves and still beat them 14-7 last year(1st game).  Bucknell didn’t have 100yds of offense until late in the game.  By the end of the season the Bison didn’t have a starter over 250 on defense last year.

Ok, I'll play too. What if Delaware kicks it deep or just kicks it OOB? :) 

Sorry that I am not at SB practices, like you are, to see first hand how they are doing.  I am giving my opinion on a game that we can certainly lose, because of a good defense, playing on the road, and in potential bad/cold weather, which we and other spread offenses struggle in.  

so 11-1 is your predection?