• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Flacco at Towson Football Media Day

On playing baseball

"The mechanics of throwing and hitting a baseball, they correlate to throwing a football. My hips are in great shape right now. My arm is in great shape. It was great working on a different craft other than football, which I haven't done in five years. I'm pumped up to get back to football."

On playing baseball and spring football

"I was busy. I only missed 1-2 practices. Luckily, I'm close to getting my masters so I'm not too overwhelmed with my classes."

How different is this summer compared to the last

"It's just different where I just know everybody now. Everybody was meeting me last year. They welcomed me with open arms. This year, it's easier to get guys out to throw. They know what we're capable of. They know what we're working towards. Last year, there just a few guys out there. This year, there are more guys willing to work."

On expectations

"I really don't care. We're not happy with how the last season ended. That's going to be a good thing for us because we're hungry and it's aggravating. We have that chip on our shoulder."

On what to work on offensively

"Just have to get better in the red zone. Last year, we got the ball past the 50 a lot and got to the 30 and kind of stalled out. We have a great kicker in Aidan O'Neill but I don't want him to get as many kicks as he did last year. Hopefully, we're getting the ball in the end zone."

On feeling of team

"Everyone is excited. The offense, they are on their shit. They are doing well. We're getting better every day. The defense wants to show what they're capable of.  They are itching to get out there."

On new WRs

They are going to be able to help us this year. Darrian Street can help. Daniel Thompson and Charles Murphy can help us have an even more dynamic offense.:

On Rob being the OC

It's different because he's running practice and wants the offense to do well. I joke with the defensive guys that it's their goal to get him pissed off and made after practice. During the season, it's going to be a little weird because he's on the sideline and last year, the OC was in the box. We'll see how that goes. We make adjustments because we had to and we had go grow and get better.

36 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

Looking forward to Rob as OC. Hopefully he took the Jammer Wildcat on 4th and 1 out of the playbook. 

I think the Wildcat was somewhat necessary last season, early in the year. Two years ago, he used oft-injured CJ Williams in that role and he got injured in the first drive against Morgan State. Last year, we struggled in short yardage and it wasn't the worst idea to use a 6-4, 220-pound backup quarterback in those situations. We didn't have a suitable fullback and our offensive line was not physical. Now, we have Luke Hamilton back and a bigger, stronger line. Wish we had a big back though other than 220-pound Yeedee, coming off surgery.