• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Villanova post mortem

Mat -- at the press conference, did anyone ask RA about the wildcat? Specifically, I'd like to know why, against a great defensive team, you telegraph what's coming by putting a running back alone in he backfield. I'd love to hear his answer.

Maybe we can take a page out of the Ravens offensive playbook. No, wait....

Watched one of the worst offenses in college football Saturday night (we’ve scored 7 TD’s in 5 games, one of which was a 2 yard drive following an interception return) & then watched the worst offense in the NFL today. Maybe it’s something in the water. 

Ironically, both teams lit up the scoreboards with 9 points each.

Edited by TSU88

The rest of the season is going to be tuff if you can't capitalize on a team that lost there starting QB to get a win it's going to be tuff by the way if the starting QB don't get knocked out of the game the probably would have put up at least 40 on towson he was good you gotta capitalize on things that happen like that didn't want to see the kid hurt  but when a team loses there general you gotta smell blood 

Couldn’t agree with you more. When Nova’s starting QB went out, the door was opened for us to get a W. The backup they put in threw 3 pics & our inept offense frittered them away. 

Does anyone honestly doubt if there starting QB hadn’t gone down that Nova would have scored 40-50 points?

Rob is not going anywhere because of the contract. However, they fired the DC last season and I would think that something has to happen on the offensive side. Also a new president is not going to be happy with this situation and she might look towards well, the one who in charge of it all. Hate to see decent people lose jobs but it is a business.

20 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Couldn’t agree with you more. When Nova’s starting QB went out, the door was opened for us to get a W. The backup they put in threw 3 pics & our inept offense frittered them away. 

Does anyone honestly doubt if there starting QB hadn’t gone down that Nova would have scored 40-50 points?

Not sure about 40-50 points, but yes, their starter was much better than their backup. Kind of sucks to lose your starting QB, doesn't it?

Undoubtedly. Alas, the difference is that a good team will find a way to get W’s, even with a freshman backup who tried to set the forward pass back by 100 years, while a bad team will, well, we can figure out the rest. Don’t know about you, but I’ve seen this movie many times the last 3+ seasons, & it  has the same unhappy ending 

Edited by TSU88

At least basketball is right around the corner.  I understand they had a point guard recruit on campus yesterday, so not sure what that means regarding Tre Wood.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Undoubtedly. Alas, the difference is that a good team will find a way to get W’s, even with a freshman backup who tried to set the forward pass back by 100 years, while a bad team will, well, we can figure out the rest. Don’t know about you, but I’ve seen this movie many times the last 3+ seasons, & it  has the same unhappy ending 

True, I'm not making excuses but it most of these issues would be solved if we had improved play at QB. Or a healthy Mahalak but hell, he couldn't make it through one game.