• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Final scrimmage update

While we could compete with Florida for a quarter or two, I think we see the starters get pulled at half. I believe we would all rather see a double digit loss than a key injury against a team like that. Get paid and go home. I'll be down in Gainesville with some current UF students for the game, should be a great environment and a good learning experience for the starters.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jrubin96 said:

While we could compete with Florida for a quarter or two, I think we see the starters get pulled at half. I believe we would all rather see a double digit loss than a key injury against a team like that. Get paid and go home. I'll be down in Gainesville with some current UF students for the game, should be a great environment and a good learning experience for the starters.

No chance RA does that if the game is competitive at the half. I agree that the other 11 games are more important, especially the CAA. But he wouldn't do that against Wake Forest when the game was getting out of hand. Florida is a different animal but we competed our asses off against LSU in 2012. There's always hope that if we have a more physical team this year (we should), that we might not be pushed around on both lines. We certainly weren't against LSU. A lot depends on which Florida team shows up. If they are 100% into this game (not likely but maybe), then we don't have a shot to compete. 

9 hours ago, Jrubin96 said:

Doubt it we'll be competitive. Hopefully we can at least score a TD or two before garbage time. I'll be rooting for us though..

9 hours ago, Jrubin96 said:

Hoping Tom doesn't get killed back there. We are sandwiched between home games against Tennessee and Auburn, so hopefully they are looking ahead.  Their offense has been offensive pretty much since Tebow left, the defense though...