• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Full Schedule Out

By 77? What was the final score, 77-0?

In fairness, I suspect we’re not the only CAA team playing a D-III.  Heck, MD played Catholic U a year or two ago 

Edited by TSU88

I’m not criticizing TU, because other CAA schools schedule these games, but I do wonder why? A win over a D-III doesn’t count towards your RPI ranking, these games are probably not well attended, and if you win by 50+, so what. But if you don’t win by 50+ then your bums. Wouldn’t it be better to play even a weak D1 (UMES, as an example) rather than these D-III raga muffins?

Most CAA schools play D3, NAIA or D2 programs. But we complain about it every year. Does it interest me that we play those teams? No, but just about everybody does it and I just accept it.

Let's take a look at last year's schedule

Charleston played Georgia College (87-69 win)

Delaware played Chestnut Hill (100-62)

Delaware played Wilmington (DE) (70-40)

Drexel played Bryn Atlyn (118-41)

Elon played Central Penn College (92-59)

Hofstra played Rosemont College (107-54)

James Madison played Eastern Mennonite (86-58)

James Madison played Bridgewater (Va) (82-59)

UNCW beat Allen (113-74) 

Northeastern did not play a non-D1 team

W&M beat Peace (106-89)

Again, just stating a fact that the schedule changed. Unfortunately everyone plays these D2/3 games nowadays. Drexel even lost to Philadelphia School of Sciences a few years ago...Wish I could make more jokes about that one, but they swept us that year and PSS scored more than we did...🙄

Just odd that Goucher got bumped, and the date of this game was changed. I remember a few years back we hosted a NAIA school that played us on a Sunday and had a game the night before in Ohio.  Also, the Gophers were 4-21 last year, so it looks like we increased our SOS!!