• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Ron Johnson coming to Towson

Hindsight is 20/20, but if we were going to do a home & home with a SOCO, I wish it would have been a school other than the Citadel. If DeBerry is out for an extended period of time, & it’s due to a cut block, that stinks. I just don’t see the utility of scheduling a triple option team. The offense is such an outlier that it’s extraordinarily unlikely you’ll play another such offense during the season, so it’s not like it’s good experience. I guess you could cross paths with one in the playoffs, but so few teams run that offense, that it’s way too speculative to assume such a thing. 

17 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Hindsight is 20/20, but if we were going to do a home & home with a SOCO, I wish it would have been a school other than the Citadel. If DeBerry is out for an extended period of time, & it’s due to a cut block, that stinks. I just don’t see the utility of scheduling a triple option team. The offense is such an outlier that it’s extraordinarily unlikely you’ll play another such offense during the season, so it’s not like it’s good experience. I guess you could cross paths with one in the playoffs, but so few teams run that offense, that it’s way too speculative to assume such a thing. 

Yeah, didn't expect it to be easy. We definitely should have scored two more TDs, but the holding and fumble cost us. If not, we probably win easy because they couldn't really handle our speed. Flacco even admitted he wasn't that sharp. Thankfully, he was short on that throw to Darian Street on that last drive because if he scores, maybe the Bulldogs have a shot if there's 2 minutes left, though they would still have to throw.

On 8/31/2019 at 6:55 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

So he’s eligible immediately? Citadel only runs. Stack the box and make them beat us over the top.  

But we didn’t dominate. Looks like another nice but not good year which the alum will be satisfied by. 

Please support your argument with facts and statistics.  My research shows that The Citadel was tied with # 1 Alabama last November at halftime.  My research also shows that the Citadel offense had virtually the same yds per carry, number of plays and time of possession as they had against us on Saturday.  I’d say if they can run that offense against Alabama, their gonna be able to run it on anybody! BYW, they returned all but 1 player from last year on that offense.

2 hours ago, RundaPower said:

Please support your argument with facts and statistics.  My research shows that The Citadel was tied with # 1 Alabama last November at halftime.  My research also shows that the Citadel offense had virtually the same yds per carry, number of plays and time of possession as they had against us on Saturday.  I’d say if they can run that offense against Alabama, their gonna be able to run it on anybody! BYW, they returned all but 1 player from last year on that offense.

Lol

761E3980-29F7-44E7-810A-8DA15BEA7C2C.jpeg

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-week-one-recap-towson-montana-ajaj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-rankings-power-poll-following-week-1-2019%3famp

The York Road Bullies are ranked #8 nationally in the polls after week one.

Lots of positives to take away from week one. Our QB, RB, and WR’s are arguably the best at this level at their positions. Our defense was able to put up the same stats as the best team in college football for the past ten years, Alabama. And we get to see NCCU at home this week to get some much needed rest and recovery time before playing Maine(who got ranked higher than us)

Scary to see that JMU almost beat West Virginia. They had more yards offensively and the score was 13-20. WVU beat us by about 50 last time we visited Morgantown.

The CAA will be tough as nails this year but our big cats are tough too! Can’t wait for Saturdays!

• Like 1

I said it before, I’ll say it again-we can’t judge our D based on 1 game vs a gimmicky offense we won’t see again this season (unless; we make the playoffs & encounter another TO offense).  FWIW, Citadel’s running stats last Saturday were virtually identical (in carries, yardage and ypc) as they were last season when we beat them by 3 scores. The reason we didn’t beat them by 3 scores this year was not the fault of our D, but rather our O. Between penalties, turnovers, poor clock management and dropped balls, I suggest we left 18 points on the field. 

I’m not saying our D is the 2000 Ravens, but rather that I’m going to reserve judgment until at least after we play Maine, in week 3

8 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I said it before, I’ll say it again-we can’t judge our D based on 1 game vs a gimmicky offense we won’t see again this season (unless; we make the playoffs & encounter another TO offense).  FWIW, Citadel’s running stats last Saturday were virtually identical (in carries, yardage and ypc) as they were last season when we beat them by 3 scores. The reason we didn’t beat them by 3 scores this year was not the fault of our D, but rather our O. Between penalties, turnovers, poor clock management and dropped balls, I suggest we left 18 points on the field. 

I’m not saying our D is the 2000 Ravens, but rather that I’m going to reserve judgment until at least after we play Maine, in week 3

Spot on 

8 hours ago, Blounge said:

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-week-one-recap-towson-montana-ajaj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-rankings-power-poll-following-week-1-2019%3famp

The York Road Bullies are ranked #8 nationally in the polls after week one.

Lots of positives to take away from week one. Our QB, RB, and WR’s are arguably the best at this level at their positions. Our defense was able to put up the same stats as the best team in college football for the past ten years, Alabama. And we get to see NCCU at home this week to get some much needed rest and recovery time before playing Maine(who got ranked higher than us)

Scary to see that JMU almost beat West Virginia. They had more yards offensively and the score was 13-20. WVU beat us by about 50 last time we visited Morgantown.

The CAA will be tough as nails this year but our big cats are tough too! Can’t wait for Saturdays!

Can’t wait until Saturday