• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Richmond downs Tigers, 23-3

Here's another quote they didn't post on the site

On running game
Two of those three kids are freshmen. Kobe is kicking himself in the butt because there was a run play where he could have just walked into the end zone. He didn't do it right. That's what freshmen do. They get all excited and get confused. Don't you dare write a bad thing about those kids. Cuss me up and down and blame me for all of it. That I don't coach them well enough to overcome the moment. That I haven't harped enough on Ryan about ball security or throwing the ball away. Those kids played their hearts out. I asked them, who do you want to be when it's tough. They faced the 13th ranked team in the nation against one of the best qbs. We left, what, 10 points on the field in the first half. I could have been a 7-point ball game, we turned it over five times in the first half? I'm encouraged by my guys and their ability to fight and learn and grow through adversity. Blame me and that's part of the gig.

"You know who the greatest QB in the history of Maryland college football is Dan Crowley."

This is proof positive that Ambrose is completely off his rocker and truly has no ability to evaluate talent.

Crowley was not better than, nor led his team to more wins than, the following:

Boomer Esiason

Frank Reich

Neil O'Donnell

Scott Zolak

I would even make the claim that in terms of WINNING and delivering actual value to the program, Grant Enders did much more, and that was in spite of the fact that his career was cut short from Rob Ambrose's inability to recognize his talents as a HS player, when Enders was committed to Towson, but then was told that the scholarship offer from dismissed coach Gordy Combs would not be honored by the new head coach, RA.  Enders then goes to Holy Cross, then to Lackawanna JUCO, and eventually back to Towson for two years, when he could have been here for 4.

A quick scan of the record books shows Crowley with only 1 Minnegan Field record, a 95 yard TD pass to Shawn West, which was a much more impressive reception and run than it was a pass.  Sean Schaefer has more Towson Records than Crowley. So does Joe Lee. Crowley's best season yardage is 5th on the Towson all time list, trailing even the less than impressive Peter "one year wonder" Athens. Crowley was an Honorable Mention All American in 1993, along with a handful of other guys who you have never heard of.

I do blame RA. All his post game pontificating is nothing more than words in the wind. Recruit better players and do a better job of coaching them up. 

He really needs to go, but we (the few of us who care about the program) know we’re saddled with him until his contract runs out. Pathetic 

3 minutes ago, DocMinnegan said:

"You know who the greatest QB in the history of Maryland college football is Dan Crowley."

This is proof positive that Ambrose is completely off his rocker and truly has no ability to evaluate talent.

Crowley was not better than, nor led his team to more wins than, the following:

Boomer Esiason

Frank Reich

Neil O'Donnell

Scott Zolak

I would even make the claim that in terms of WINNING and delivering actual value to the program, Grant Enders did much more, and that was in spite of the fact that his career was cut short from Rob Ambrose's inability to recognize his talents as a HS player, when Enders was committed to Towson, but then was told that the scholarship offer from dismissed coach Gordy Combs would not be honored by the new head coach, RA.  Enders then goes to Holy Cross, then to Lackawanna JUCO, and eventually back to Towson for two years, when he could have been here for 4.

A quick scan of the record books shows Crowley with only 1 Minnegan Field record, a 95 yard TD pass to Shawn West, which was a much more impressive reception and run than it was a pass.  Sean Schaefer has more Towson Records than Crowley. So does Joe Lee. Crowley's best season yardage is 5th on the Towson all time list, trailing even the less than impressive Peter "one year wonder" Athens. Crowley was an Honorable Mention All American in 1993, along with a handful of other guys who you have never heard of.

I think he meant that he had the most yards of any state of Maryland quarterback. Believe me, he's not stupid. He also giving Dan a pat on the back after saying he had that terrible game at Maine. But Dan Crowley for three years was a great quarterback in 1-AA and he was better than Zolak in my opinion. Just because he didn't make the NFL because he wasn't 6-4. He made the CFL because of his lack of height.

Look, you can crush him for recruiting, crush his brother for playcalling. He doesn't have to come out and take the blame every week for his team's ineptitude. But he does.

That's his job.  I do not give Rob credit for taking responsibility for the mess he has made of a program where he was given absolutely everything he has ever asked for and has taken us from the Penthouse, to the Outhouse.

He's a few drunken nights over at Joey Chui's to be called the Pat Kennedy of Towson Football.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocMinnegan said:

That's his job.  I do not give Rob credit for taking responsibility for the mess he has made of a program where he was given absolutely everything he has ever asked for and has taken us from the Penthouse, to the Outhouse.

He's a few drunken nights over at Joey Chui's to be called the Pat Kennedy of Towson Football.  

Repsonding to an earlier post. You really think Schaefer was a better QB than Crowley? That the record books show that he is? Love Schaefer but how many games did he and Joe Lee play in the CFL? Schaefer played with an offense that threw all the time. Almost run-and-shoot lite, throwing 5-yard slants all the time. Crowley played with Tony Vinson and Brian McCarty, two HOFer RBs. A run-oriented team in 1992 and 1993. He was a much more athletic QB with a gun. Had one great WR in Mark Orlando. Schaefer had a quick release and wa svery accurate. I guess to each his own when it comes to Towson quarterbacks but I'm biased towards that 1992-94 era. Numbers don't tell the whole story.

I am a glutton for punishment. I watched that Keon Paye 92-yard INT return, slowed it down and if they called that hold on 53 Bryce Carter, there was nothing there. It was a complete bogus call. Stover threw a pick on the next play. That would have been 7-7. Of course, we woudn't have won but it would have been nice to at least score 10 points.

15 hours ago, DocMinnegan said:

excellent post