• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Towson rocks NC Central, 42-3

Guys, I went to the press conference, but I'm not going to transcribe the quotes tonight. Not really worth my time to be honest because what can you say about a 42-3 game.

Now, a couple of things. Brandon Cassels, the normal starting center, didn't play. He was injured. So they went with Cole Cheripko at center and r-freshman Alex Desire at right guard. Then with the game in hand. Brown Tuisasosopo went in at center. A couple of bad snaps. Offense wasn't always crisp tonight. That might explain it though allowing three sacks is worrisome, especially when you have the Maine Black Bears coming up. That defense is top-notch.

While the offense hasn't quite hit their stride and will really be tested next week, the defense looks improved. Keon Paye was outstanding tonight and Ricky DeBerry's replacement, Christian Dixon, was all over the field. He had 9 tackles and a sack, while Keon Paye had the pick-six and three pass breakups.

BTW, the attendance mark of 8,322 fans was the biggest crowd since 2014. Great student turnout tonight. They didn't stay in the second half, but not because it was 28-0. 

The 39-point margin was the largest margin of victory since 2013.

And Delaware outlasted Rhode Island in 3 OTs while Holy Cross upset UNH.

Great student turnout and overall attendance. Student sections were completely full. They were quiet but it is what it is at this point. Nc central had a decent amount of fans for being a new small program 5+ hours away.

anyone have any feedback on the pregame things?

got to the gate 15 minutes before kickoff and the security line was very slow.  Need more people with wands or metal detectors. Having highlights on the video board in the second half was a nice touch. Student side also has a chick fil a (sort of) on it also.  Liked the bar stools and high tables on the home side near the auxiliary restrooms.  Athletics, double the amount up there! Nice view 

Definitely a lot to work on before Maine and Nova. Snaps were bad but there was a backup center playing? Just didn’t look crispy on offense. Was very impressed with special teams (didn’t see O’Neil’s fg miss but it was a long one). Punting was good as was the lack of penalties. Aggressive secondary is something new for us!  

Is Kobe young hurt? Or just hurried way down on the depth chart?

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Looks like a good turn out. Unfortunately can't follow the games live for free with this new flosports deal..

11 minutes ago, TigerFan89 said:

Does anybody know where Kobe Young has been? Two games and 0 touches, haven’t seen him in any either.. injured?

He has been banged up

Offense wasn’t firing on all cylinders early, but I’ll allow for having a new starter on the O-line. Any idea how long the starting C is out? Offense had less than 400 yds, but that’s attributable to the fact we mailed it in in the 4th Q. 

I’d like to see more sustained pressure on the opposition’s QB. I thought I noticed us blitzing yesterday. 

Nice crowd yesterday. Weather was perfect, which I’m sure helped. 

I also asked (during the online chat yesterday) where is Kobe Young.

Several dubious coaching decisions I thought yesterday: (1) going for a 54 yd FG and (2) passing from near our goal line, at the end of the 1st half, with a 28 point lead, resulting in a sack. We got away with both vs an inferior foe. I doubt such decisions would go without consequences vs better teams

The season starts in earnest next Saturday, on the road vs Maine, followed by Nova at home. Given that we’re going to lose in the swamp in week 5, it would be great to put these next 2 in the W column, or at worst go 1-1