• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Future

The national championship run should of been just the start for a bright Towson future but somehow that ended up in having zero momentum and crappy recruiting.  Every offseason we hear RA ramble about "cancer removal" as if players are the problem. Well many have come and gone and the common denominator here is the Ambrose brothers. 2020 can't come soon enough. 

15 hours ago, Ihop said:

True there was never interest or support until the T West days

I was happy with the attendance numbers during that time but I think there are a few things that occurred that knocked us backwards heading in the wrong direction again

first when we played Lehigh in the playoffs the place was packed there was a buzz, there was excitement, people were trying to get tickets. Fast forward to when we played Fordham in the playoffs - no excitement no buzz not even close to a sellout

and then you have the debacle that chased students away forever - when the university put the clamps down on the tailgating.  I know it is their job to protect the students but they went way over the top and guess what - the students have never returned

as far as basketball attendance back in the 90's when we christened our new hardwood floor there were ticket giveaways excitement being pumped up, they made it an event!  They brought in Michigan!  Open up a new arena - no buzz and you play Navy, I think this was a huge mistake and a very big reason why there is no excitement. We should have come out of the gate on fire, making it a destination where everyone would want to come check out.

as far as the future, I'm sick and tired of talking about the future while we are still in season. This athletic department has made mistakes that I don't think will ever get us back to where we want to be

Wow how bad was that decision to ban tailgating during crucial momentum upwards years... 

44 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Never banned tailgating. Just went overboard with rules and police presence 

They actually did effectively ban tailgating. THEN after they quickly released they f**ked up BADLY. they reversed course and said they never did but they were reforming.. By then it was already too late. I was very active on the tailgating front first hand over the previous 4 years as a student and organizing them.  

4 hours ago, sr16 said:

They actually did effectively ban tailgating. THEN after they quickly released they f**ked up BADLY. they reversed course and said they never did but they were reforming.. By then it was already too late. I was very active on the tailgating front first hand over the previous 4 years as a student and organizing them.  

Time to get over it, that was five years ago. 

So then do something about it. This is the topic everybody cares about Towson, not our football team. We can go on and on and on and on about tailgating for 15 threads but get a few people that really care about what's on the field. How do we get better? What holes do we need to fill? If you want the coach fired, who is the best fit in 2020? This topic was supposed to be about the team, not about the f-ing student tailgates. If we are losing, of course there's going to be less people at tailgates. If Dr. Schaetzel, TL or Rob want to fix it, they have the ability to do so. These kids that just got to campus have nothing to do with what happened 4-5 years ago.