• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TUTigers

Citadel beat Georgia Tech

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

They have 85 scholarships and millions more in their budget. They’ve been to 20 bowl games in 22 years. To compare them to a program like Kansas is a joke. I never said beating The Citadel by 7 on the road meant we’ve arrived. I just thought that people on this board who thought our defense was still bad because we gave up 300+ yards on the ground underestimated how tough that offense is to stop.

Exactly. The Triple Option is killer. Just ask Michigan who almost lost to Army. The only reason I started this thread is that obviously Georgia Tech is a quality win for the Citadel and it makes our W look more impressive. 

1 hour ago, TUTigers said:

Exactly. The Triple Option is killer. Just ask Michigan who almost lost to Army. The only reason I started this thread is that obviously Georgia Tech is a quality win for the Citadel and it makes our W look more impressive. 

However, some people on this board don’t spend the time to fully understand what they are posting.  They spew negative nonsense at every turn. 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

They have 85 scholarships and millions more in their budget. They’ve been to 20 bowl games in 22 years. To compare them to a program like Kansas is a joke. I never said beating The Citadel by 7 on the road meant we’ve arrived. I just thought that people on this board who thought our defense was still bad because we gave up 300+ yards on the ground underestimated how tough that offense is to stop.

There is a difference between a terrible program and one that is average. Maybe you feel that .500 is terrible. I don’t. Kansas and UConn would love to be .500 and go to multiple bowl games.

And those other schools have more scholarships and a bigger budget than us. Your point? You're spanning a time frame 20+ years. I've said of recently and not several decades man. Have no idea who you're referring to about having a bad defense. My point was the win for the Citadel was good but let's not go overboard. If someone sees that as a negative comment they need to look at themselves.. geesh.. lol

Georgia Tech isn't Alabama or even say Indiana, but they are better than the dreadful UCONN team we beat in our championship trip year. Any win against an FBS team is good for the program and FCS as a group.  Will it mean we get a bump? Probably not because as Chris stated above, we aren't loved like, UNH, or JMU or Delaware or NDSU.

47 minutes ago, tualum said:

And those other schools have more scholarships and a bigger budget than us. Your point? You're spanning a time frame 20+ years. I've said of recently and not several decades man. Have no idea who you're referring to about having a bad defense. My point was the win for the Citadel was good but let's not go overboard. If someone sees that as a negative comment they need to look at themselves.. geesh.. lol

Then I missed what your original point was. That Georgia Tech blows so it’s no big deal that The Citadel beat them and I’ll say it again. They beat South Florida. Another mediocre at best team but they are not awful.

It is irrelevant anyway as we beat the crap out of Maine or were they overrated?

34 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

It is irrelevant anyway as we beat the crap out of Maine or were they overrated?

Maine maybe overrated, losing some key players to injury and their head coach. But with that being said, they are still a Top 20 team and strangely enough may win the CAA due to their easier schedule. 

Am still just amazed Citadel won by just pounding it in with their running game. 1 pass. Made me think of Notre Dame and the 4 horsemen of 1924. Not supposed to happen in football today. Like an adjustment or 2 should have shut it down. Especially when playing a fbs school.