• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

No. 8 Tigers demolish No. 9 Black Bears, 45-23

Guys, we have to be careful with injuries. Nothing official yet on Shane so please keep that private until something official comes out.

37 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Guys, we have to be careful with injuries. Nothing official yet on Shane so please keep that private until something official comes out.

Sorry. Please delete my previous comment. My apologies Coach Ambrose and Tiger Nation. I am new at this blogging thing. Lesson learned 

12 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Now, I’m going to say it. Why was Simpson retuning kicks, especially when we have Tippett & Hunter? I expressed my concern about him returning kicks before the season, and another poster analogized it to PSU fans wringing there hands when Saquan Barkley returned kicks. Well, now here we are. Simpson is a huge cog in our offense, but he’s undersized & has been injured in the past. It also begs the question why didn’t we bring in an FBS transfer RB, or even a JUCO or freshman RB?

And I 100% stand behind what I said.  You have a dynamic playmaker who can take the ball to the house every time he touches the ball so why wouldn't you give him that opportunity while in all that space.  This injury could have happened just as easily on a 2-yard dive play given the way knees and ankles just buckle nowadays.  Look at the Florida QB who broke his leg/ankle last nite on a simple scramble that he got twisted around in.  Actually, don't watch it...not a pretty injury.  It sucks that Shane's out but let's not question the 'how'.

13 hours ago, DT #11 Dad said:

Just spoke to my son (Daniel Thompson) via text. He was injured in the second quarter and didn’t return. He bruised his hip

We were wondering about him also. Saw him early in the game and that was it. Hope his injury is not serious. 

12 hours ago, mat1992 said:

The kid that came in led them to the win though but I hear they were really banged up.

Kentucky was missing 2 DL and got one booted for targeting in the 4th quarter.  Stoops lost them this game by some of his decision making on both sides of the ball.  Also didn't help that they got a little conservative on offense once they got inside the target zone and they left it on the freshman kicker to hit a 35-yarder from the right hash but he never got enough draw on the ball.  Trask looked decent in the pocket but he really wasn't pressured too much and did have the presence of mind on a broken option play to flip it as he was going down for a loss.

4 hours ago, DT #11 Dad said:

Sorry. Please delete my previous comment. My apologies Coach Ambrose and Tiger Nation. I am new at this blogging thing. Lesson learned 

It's alright. We're all homers and while I'd like to report stuff all the time, I have to keep a lot of the info quiet. Opponents do read this board and if the team want to keep somebody's injury status private, I'll abide by their wishes.