• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

We're 3-0 and about to be ranked in the top five

39 minutes ago, El Tigre Oro said:

Beating Florida would move the needle farther and faster than going undefeated in our FCS games and being a Top 3 seed in the playoffs.

We always get too far ahead of ourselves when it comes to this program.

That was an awesome win on Saturday and it is exciting to be in the top five. It was great to rip the game from Maine and impose our will in the second half. That being said, can we just make sure we take care of business next week against Villanova before we talk about beating Florida, winning national titles and other stupid things like FBS football (I know no one has mentioned this, but it always seems to creep its way in when we are doing well). 

The 2011-13 stretch was a truly special one for this program. I was wondering if we would ever get back to it. Last year offered a glimmer of hope in terms of working our way back and we are off to a nice start, but let's try to build something sustainable here. Annual victories in the playoffs, an outright CAA title and getting good student engagement with good turnouts like it sounds like the North Carolina Central game was (I am just going off photos and the chatter I heard on this board). Here is hoping that this is a special season, but also that our program is not Tom Flacco or bust. 

Lets put together a complete performance against the Wildcats and do our best against Florida. 

47 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

We always get too far ahead of ourselves when it comes to this program.

That was an awesome win on Saturday and it is exciting to be in the top five. It was great to rip the game from Maine and impose our will in the second half. That being said, can we just make sure we take care of business next week against Villanova before we talk about beating Florida, winning national titles and other stupid things like FBS football (I know no one has mentioned this, but it always seems to creep its way in when we are doing well). 

The 2011-13 stretch was a truly special one for this program. I was wondering if we would ever get back to it. Last year offered a glimmer of hope in terms of working our way back and we are off to a nice start, but let's try to build something sustainable here. Annual victories in the playoffs, an outright CAA title and getting good student engagement with good turnouts like it sounds like the North Carolina Central game was (I am just going off photos and the chatter I heard on this board). Here is hoping that this is a special season, but also that our program is not Tom Flacco or bust. 

Lets put together a complete performance against the Wildcats and do our best against Florida. 

Thanks for the common sense...

It’s ok to talk about Florida. It really is but of course, the Villanova game is more important because it’s the next game and we’re at home. Beating Florida is likely a pipe dream assuming your best running back, return man and one of your best receivers is going to be out.

I think only one poster brought up Florida. Most of us are focused on a team that is now ranked 18th. The reason I brought up this thread was to create a little excitement and discussion. Nothing wrong with pounding your chest and being proud of your school being ranked fifth. As someone who was there when the program nearly folded, I sometimes have to pinch myself at where we are and we are potentially headed.

I really like this team. The defense is much better than last year, and I think this team can be special. Time to get on board and support this team. Come to games and watch us WIN!!!

I hate to sound superstitious, but I wish we hadn't cracked the top five -- reminds me of the lacrosse team being named No. 1 in the country, and we know what happened after that. Nova worries me more than Maine. I know it's a down year for Colgate, but VU looked really strong on both sides of the ball against them. We need another set of top performances from everyone this week.

Last week Georgia Tech was probably looking forward to a weekend off as they prep for future games vs Temple & UNC. All they had to do was get by an 0-2 FCS school, which on paper should have been a contest where 2nd and 3rd stringers got some decent game experience. About a year ago, Villanova beat Temple, who 2 days ago brought the Terps back to reality. I hope the team remembers Duquesne, if there's ever any thoughts we can look past an opponent. 

5 hours ago, towsonx said:

Last week Georgia Tech was probably looking forward to a weekend off as they prep for future games vs Temple & UNC. All they had to do was get by an 0-2 FCS school, which on paper should have been a contest where 2nd and 3rd stringers got some decent game experience. About a year ago, Villanova beat Temple, who 2 days ago brought the Terps back to reality. I hope the team remembers Duquesne, if there's ever any thoughts we can look past an opponent. 

I think this team is very dialed in.  Team leadership won’t let distractions take over game preparation.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sr16 said:

4 - 0 has a nice ring to it 

It would sound nice......don't put the cart in front of the horse........That is the easiest way to play below par in this game. These players, these coaches and these fans need to stay focused on the job at hand. 

• Like 1