• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Latest on Shane

Briefly brought up Deberry as well and going for another year... Assuming we see Shane come back as a grad student? 

Possibly. If he wants to get to the next level, he’s going to need to prove that knee is stable.

This is a difficult but not unexpected loss. You can’t replace him, but you hope to have the other three backs step up, especially Kobe. He’s our next best receiver out of the backfield. 

Didn’t he previously have a medical redshirt year (I think he got hurt in that disastrous game in the rain at Elon a few years ago, where we literally ran out of RB’s). Can a player have a 2nd medical redshirt year?

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Didn’t he previously have a medical redshirt year (I think he got hurt in that disastrous game in the rain at Elon a few years ago, where we literally ran out of RB’s). Can a player have a 2nd medical redshirt year?

As long as he plays a minimum amount of games in those two seasons for a redshirt, he can get six years. DeBerry would be the same thing, though  It happened to Ray Harris about 12-14 years ago. Two medical redshirts are rare but it does happen. Oh yeah remember Bryton Barr?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/2/10/14575398/ncaa-eligibility-rules-medical-redshirt-hardship-waiver

I swear CJ Brown played for Maryland for 9 years.

On a serious note - bad news for Shane. I hope he can bounce back, hopefully play again for the Tigers, and get a look at the next level

If Shane does return next season, I could see them possibly redshirting Kobe Young, who is a true junior. In that case, that would give him a chance to start the following year. I know they'll bring in at least one freshman back and hopefully a big transfer back to replace Yeedee.