• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Blounge

Marketing

7 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

It's good the parking lots are filling up but not good for people that want to tailgate with no place to park. I brought food and beer last year to tailgate and could not find a spot. Parked in the union and left the tailgate supplies in the car.

You can get to the lots when they open, or have someone you know get there then.  There isn't anywhere in country that will allow tailgating in a parking garage/structure and unfortunately we have a ton of those eye sores on campus.  I know they also have tailgating (no students) in lot 13 near the arts building. They also have surface lots in the back of the admin building that could be used, however they are a bit of a walk compared to the other options. 

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

You can get to the lots when they open, or have someone you know get there then.  There isn't anywhere in country that will allow tailgating in a parking garage/structure and unfortunately we have a ton of those eye sores on campus.  I know they also have tailgating (no students) in lot 13 near the arts building. They also have surface lots in the back of the admin building that could be used, however they are a bit of a walk compared to the other options. 

I did not think of the surface lots on Cross Campus drive at the Adm building. May be a good addition if Towson promotes it. I know for homecoming they are having tailgating at the Liberal Arts building. Maybe one of these 2 lots should be available for at least Parents weekend, Homecoming  and the Delaware game.

41 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

I did not think of the surface lots on Cross Campus drive at the Adm building. May be a good addition if Towson promotes it. I know for homecoming they are having tailgating at the Liberal Arts building. Maybe one of these 2 lots should be available for at least Parents weekend, Homecoming  and the Delaware game.

Wish Batemans was still open.  That was a nice pregame option when not wanting to bring coolers, food, chairs, grill etc, or when weather wasnt great.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:02 PM, mat1992 said:

A few things. I would say that the crowd would have been larger had Villanova brought more than 100 people. I also wonder if people turned around when they saw the traffic jam on Osler and TowsonTown. Also, looking through my binoculars at the parking lot, the students had a blast before the game and some during the game. I would say that number would have been close to 9,000 had they actually come into the stadium.

Traffic-wise it seems as though we're not suited for crowds over 5,000 people. I got out of the press conference 20 minutes later and there was still a slight traffic jam getting out so I went to the tailgate, where most people had left. Just wanted to avoid the traffic.

But overall, it's good to see the energy and the improvements of the crowd. Marketing has done a nice job. Wondering what people think can be improved in the game-day experience. Even though I'm in the press box, I'm not sure the music (metal and hard rock from the 70s) fits the clientele on the student-side. I think they played something from Black Sabbath (with RJD) and I'm thinking, I get that they are trying to blast that when the opponent has the ball, but what about when we . have the ball? Shouldn't we play something more modern that the students can get into (with a radio edit of course). Don't you want them to get pumped up?

Regarding traffic - turning into the stadium from Osler is an absolute trainwreck (a TU bus hit me there a few yrs ago). In some cases, I don't know if I can get into the general lot until I'm there. If its full, I need to bang a U-turn and head to the garage.

Regarding the music- I am a fan of the music because it does fit my demographic. (I'm 54) I've noticed the students seem to like most of the songs.

My gripe with the music is that they play a 10 second snippet between every single play - and it is too damned loud. I've brought a couple of older guys (older than me) to games, and the amount/volume of music was driving them crazy. Maybe play something on 3Rd down - but otherwise --- tone it down. I would love to just hear the sounds of the game, and the band. (Does any one else feel this way?)

4 minutes ago, TSU86 said:

Regarding traffic - turning into the stadium from Osler is an absolute trainwreck (a TU bus hit me there a few yrs ago). In some cases, I don't know if I can get into the general lot until I'm there. If its full, I need to bang a U-turn and head to the garage.

Regarding the music- I am a fan of the music because it does fit my demographic. (I'm 54) I've noticed the students seem to like most of the songs.

My gripe with the music is that they play a 10 second snippet between every single play - and it is too damned loud. I've brought a couple of older guys (older than me) to games, and the amount/volume of music was driving them crazy. Maybe play something on 3Rd down - but otherwise --- tone it down. I would love to just hear the sounds of the game, and the band. (Does any one else feel this way?)

Obviously, you can't play music during the play so that's why the 10 second snippets. I just though more variety would be better than just playing AC/DC and sure, that's my demo as well. I think they are trying to distract the opponents' offense. Oh right, we do have a really good band and it would be nice to hear them instead of just pumping loud music.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Obviously, you can't play music during the play so that's why the 10 second snippets. I just though more variety would be better than just playing AC/DC and sure, that's my demo as well. I think they are trying to distract the opponents' offense. Oh right, we do have a really good band and it would be nice to hear them instead of just pumping loud music.

The music in between downs is really annoying and very loud. Would much rather have the band. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 2:32 PM, Tigerfan said:

Having followed football attendance the last 10 years I wonder what our Marketing department does for the return on investment. We have averaged 6-9 thousand  a game for 10 years .

Would be nice for the road games to have a Towson Bar stream the game for alumni.

image.thumb.png.df70b2ad3d424d6bbeb350f596e7ecd6.png

The marketing department should honestly pay for FloFootball for the local bars and downtown. Yes it is paying for people to watch but something needs to be done to boost interest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

The marketing department should honestly pay for FloFootball for the local bars and downtown. Yes it is paying for people to watch but something needs to be done to boost interest.

Like maybe market/advertise tomorrows game even 1/8th of what they did for the Villanova game.