• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

No. 18 Villanova upends No. 5 Tigers in OT, 52-45

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

It's the same nonsense every year from "TU Fans". When the football team wins, everyone is "ain't we great". As soon as they lose one game, you cant type quickly enough that Coaching Sucks, Get rid of Ambrose. 

ON THE OTHER HAND, you have a MBB coach who has won NOTHING in his 8 or 9 years at Towson, gets unearned extensions and you all have a "Wait until next years, because his recruits are so fabulous. Lets give him another year". Maybe you all like New England accents better than home grown. As Charley Eckman would always say, " to Baltimoreans, An expert is anyone from out of town". 

You can't wait to get rid of a coach that has MADE the playoffs, but love a coach who has been a total failure and been rewarded for that. 

Don't disagree. I mean, both have gotten ridiculously unwarranted extensions. No other FCS/FBS, high or mid major level programs were sniffing around for Pat and Rob.  Good old Tim gave them out way to quickly and are thus stuck with both of them for a while.   

Rob was able to get lucky and make the playoffs with two transfers who fell into his lap and are probably the best to come through the school.  Pat wasn't able to make the playoffs with a generational transfer.  Rob cannot get a defense, Pat cannot get shooters/scoring. Both seem very stubborn and unwilling to change strategies despite some decent but unsustained "success."   

Cue the angry responses...

On 9/23/2019 at 8:21 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Nope, but the constant passes he gets and the lack of accountability. Everyone’s fine with playoffs ever 5-7 years.  

I never said citadel is awful, just that they can only run and we weren’t doing a great job stopping the qb. 

Since you have all the answers and excuses, answer this question: what’s he doing differently  on the road then at home. They typically play better on the road which in sports isn’t typical. Something isn’t working there and it isn’t just this group. 

Bring up the injuries, it’s a physical game and happens to everyone. we seem to have had more than most, strength, nutrition, practice issue? Freak issue?

I have no problem being critical of the calls, but can't you give the guy a little credit for putting up 45 points?  I was pissed we didn't run the ball on 3rd or 4th and 1. The loss sucked losing at home as the #5 team in the country but hopefully we get better from it. To expect to win a conference/national title every year is insane.  Ripping apart any loss while giving no credit for any win is absurd.  

Can we be critical of not getting a stop and only rushing 3 on 4th and 10 at the 7?  Absolutely.  At the same time we are 2nd in the nation in turnover margin.  In the off-season we complained about not forcing enough turnover.  Things aren't perfect and never will be but if you told me we would be 3-1 before the Florida game it's about where I'd expect.  

W

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

I have no problem being critical of the calls, but can't you give the guy a little credit for putting up 45 points?  I was pissed we didn't run the ball on 3rd or 4th and 1. The loss sucked losing at home as the #5 team in the country but hopefully we get better from it. To expect to win a conference/national title every year is insane.  Ripping apart any loss while giving no credit for any win is absurd.  

Can we be critical of not getting a stop and only rushing 3 on 4th and 10 at the 7?  Absolutely.  At the same time we are 2nd in the nation in turnover margin.  In the off-season we complained about not forcing enough turnover.  Things aren't perfect and never will be but if you told me we would be 3-1 before the Florida game it's about where I'd expect.  

W

Yes, I will give credit. Considering how the offense hasn't been great (Tom's passing #'s, our inability to run at times), we have still scored a lot of points. The defense and special teams have a lot to do with that.  That still does not take away that we were out-coached once again in a big game.  I'm not expecting a national championship, or even the CAA tittle (both NDSU and JMU are and will continue to be WAY better than we will), but I along with everyone else did have high expectations for this team.  This maybe is it for a few years, as we have so many veterans, R-SR's and SR's on the team, it's disappointing to lay yet another egg at home in a big game.

The defense has been phenomenal in forcing turnovers, especially with interceptions! They deserve a ton of credit for this, especially since they are turning some around for scores or very good field position. But when you have 8,800 people there, most being parents/very causal fans/students, and you see the other team run the same couple of short plays all day for 52 points and 500+ yards, it may make them think "wow this team is bad," and can have an impact on if they return (Yes, the offense scored a lot which could counteract the previous statement)