• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Second commit

You can't teach that kind of spring and the explosion he has going to his left. He hasn't even played his senior season so sure, he needs to work on his jumper and his right hand. If he was a perfect player, he'd be going to a P5.

We've had some super athletic guards like Morman, who was limited offensively. We've had more stocky, muscular guards like Zane Martin, who did work on his shot and became so proficient he left.

The way Hofstra churns out scorers, if they wanted him then it’s definitely a great get. Kid is uber athletic, goes to Oak Hill & keep in mind that he likely would have had more offers if he had kept his recruitment longer. I’m not a Pollyanna when it comes to these things, but in this case I think we should collectively be excited about this kid, rather than negative 

The guy has major ups and very athletic. But that's most of the talent we pick up (exception here and there) so it really doesn't add much dimension to the team. We need shooters since the same formula hasn't worked for the time Skerry has been here. Looked like he was struggling with a basic free throw from that video above. Form is suspect. Has potential but again same ole same ole....

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Interesting read. Only played 12.4 mpg last year but shot 44% from three.Guessing he starts this year

https://www.phenomhoopreport.com/commitment-alert-2020-darrick-jones-on-the-same-page-with-towson-coaches/

If that's the case, and he has a great season, he may unfortunately de-commit and re-open his recruitment. 

One poster has him de-commiting & another has him bricking his foul shots. Yikes. I’m going to look at the glass being half full, unless & until proven otherwise 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

One poster has him de-commiting & another has him bricking his foul shots. Yikes. I’m going to look at the glass being half full, unless & until proven otherwise 

Jesus, come on.  I mean, he plays of a prestigious basketball program that typically has lots of recruits. If he blows up this year and say; VCU or V Tech or NC State offer, what do you think he will do?

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Same ole, same ole.

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

Same ole, same ole.

Jesus, come on.  I mean, he plays of a prestigious basketball program that typically has lots of recruits. If he blows up this year and say; VCU or V Tech or NC State offer, what do you think he will do?

This has happened to us and every other program before, its not uncommon, sorry dude! We have trouble keeping onto players here that get every shot and 30+ minutes a night.

Is this better for you, "This kid will undoubtedly be the savior of the program! (Just like every other semi big recruit we get, except they aren't) He will turn down bigger and better offers from consistent winners, to play a boring brand of basketball!  He will lead us to 4 straight NCAA tournaments!" ??