• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Second commit

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Jesus, come on.  I mean, he plays of a prestigious basketball program that typically has lots of recruits. If he blows up this year and say; VCU or V Tech or NC State offer, what do you think he will do?

Let's play your chicken little theory. So what you're saying is that a CAA team should not recruit a highly-rated player from a big-time prep program because he might leave after two years like Zane or some of the other CAA players like Horton for Delaware. How are we supposed to get better? Just recruit Ivy League and Patriot League-type of guys, who are slow but can shoot? Just get transfers who are not going to leave? 

I’d like to think there’s a happy median between “he’s the program savior” & “he’ll de-commit if he has a strong upcoming season at Oak Hill.” I’d like to think that median goes like this ...”hey, he’s super athletic, plays at Oak Hill & had some other good offers, so let’s keep a good thought that we might be onto something here.”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Let's play your chicken little theory. So what you're saying is that a CAA team should not recruit a highly-rated player from a big-time prep program because he might leave after two years like Zane or some of the other CAA players like Horton for Delaware. How are we supposed to get better? Just recruit Ivy League and Patriot League-type of guys, who are slow but can shoot? Just get transfers who are not going to leave? 

Where did I state we shouldn't recruit him? Nowhere, don't make shit up, just because you have a beef with me. I said, "he seems like a great get," and that I'd be weary of a guy who doesn't get a ton of playing for a great program, seeing a bump in minutes and other bigger programs sniffing around.  Never mentioned that he could or couldn't shot.

This is a fan message board, and everyone isn't going to have the same opinions and thoughts as everyone else, and yes, that includes you King Mat. If it were the case, it would just be you, Datres and a few of the other old timers on here.

We get better with good coaching and development, something that we seem to typically lack.  We usually do well developing transfers during their sit out year. Scoring/shooting/well run offense wins games/championship, not out muscling and rebounding anymore. Bugging people to death on the glass doesn't seem like a great strategy, however I give Pat and the program credit, that they can win a fair share of games and do find kids that fit that mold.

13 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Where did I state we shouldn't recruit him? Nowhere, don't make shit up, just because you have a beef with me. I said, "he seems like a great get," and that I'd be weary of a guy who doesn't get a ton of playing for a great program, seeing a bump in minutes and other bigger programs sniffing around.  Never mentioned that he could or couldn't shot.

This is a fan message board, and everyone isn't going to have the same opinions and thoughts as everyone else, and yes, that includes you King Mat. If it were the case, it would just be you, Datres and a few of the other old timers on here.

We get better with good coaching and development, something that we seem to typically lack.  We usually do well developing transfers during their sit out year. Scoring/shooting/well run offense wins games/championship, not out muscling and rebounding anymore. Bugging people to death on the glass doesn't seem like a great strategy, however I give Pat and the program credit, that they can win a fair share of games and do find kids that fit that mold.

Finally hit a nerve. Here we go with the name calling. That’s something you are great at so I name you King of the name callers. It’s one thing to have a different opinion and another to harp on the same old shit after every loss.

I don’t agree with everything Pat does but it’s hilarious that we get a player you apparently think is good and you go right to the super negative. He’s gone before he hits the campus because he plays for Oak Hill. Well, maybe they are so stacked he’ll only play 20mpg this year.

Just because I’m older at 51 doesn’t mean I’m not jaded and cynical. But I’m trying my hardest to get people interested in Towson sports and all you do is tear us down and call our coaches names.

Maybe one day we can have a beer on me and hatch things out. Right now, I just want to try and promote the good things because there is so much negativity out there and have frank discussions about what ails is,

King Mat

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Just Mat being himself along with a few others. Make one mention about lack of shooters or something else, and the kid not having a jump shot and we're super negative. Sometimes I don't even bother posting anymore. Just will wait to see how the season unfolds as usual...

Just now, tualum said:

Just Mat being himself along with a few others. Make one mention about lack of shooters or something else, and the kid not having a jump shot and we're super negative. Sometimes I don't even bother posting anymore. Just will wait to see how the season unfolds as usual...

Lol

I’m not a Skins fan, but I think I’m going to start Terry McLaurin Sunday as my 3rd receiver in my fantasy football league. “Scary Terry,” what a great nickname 

Enough of the jokes. I apologize to 2012 and Tualum. I don't agree with most of your sentiments about this kid or most things on this board and I really don't like criticizing a 17-year old recruit by saying he can't do this or can't do that, because maybe he can by the time he reaches campus. But I'll admit to being wrong about jumping on everybody (some) who disagrees with me.

8 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Finally hit a nerve. Here we go with the name calling. That’s something you are great at so I name you King of the name callers. It’s one thing to have a different opinion and another to harp on the same old shit after every loss.

I don’t agree with everything Pat does but it’s hilarious that we get a player you apparently think is good and you go right to the super negative. He’s gone before he hits the campus because he plays for Oak Hill. Well, maybe they are so stacked he’ll only play 20mpg this year.

Just because I’m older at 51 doesn’t mean I’m not jaded and cynical. But I’m trying my hardest to get people interested in Towson sports and all you do is tear us down and call our coaches names.

Maybe one day we can have a beer on me and hatch things out. Right now, I just want to try and promote the good things because there is so much negativity out there and have frank discussions about what ails is,

King Mat

Mat, as much as you think I harp on the same shit, it goes the same way in me thinking you make the same excuses over and over.  It's the same mistakes that are fairly consistently being made by the staff over and over again.  It may not frustrate you and the others who have endured decades instead of a decade + of losing, but there are others, just not myself where it bugs the crap out of us.  Rob is 9 and 19 against our three biggest rivals, Delaware, JMU and NOVA. I'm not going to apologize for thinking that isn't acceptable. Pat has one 2 CAA Tournament games in 7 seasons. I'm not going to apologize for thinking that isn't acceptable.  It's the same thing over and over and over again; a small step or two forward and then one back. Rob and Pat are also two of the longest tenured coaches in the CAA with either the worst record or having not reached the CAA Final/NCAA Tournament. Good coaches move on to other schools (Keats, Cignetti, Houston, etc,) or get canned (Matheny, Ross, Skrosky, Brock, etc).

Took 2 people on Saturday who had never been to a Towson game before and they both wondered the same thing about the play calling and lack of adjustments, "Is the person calling the plays high or do they really not know whats going on?"  We always shit the bed when there is a big home games. That is a fact and sorry if its hurts your feelings. Rob, if you are reading this, what are you doing to get the players focused and playing better on the road then at home??  It might be time to change up the routine. 

I know you mean well and want the best for the programs, but fortunately there are different views on how to get there and what needs to be done to actually get to be a consistent winner.

King of the Name Callers