• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Florida scouting report on Towson

38 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I am okay with playing large schools like Maryland/Rutgers/Temple/Wake Forest with 40,000-60,000 stadiums but not jumbo schools top 10 Florida/Georgia/Penn State with 90,000-100,000 seat stadiums. We will get killed. Not even close to the same league.

Edited by Tigerfan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

I am okay with playing large schools like Maryland/Rutgers/Temple/Wake Forest with 40,000-60,000 stadiums but not jumbo schools top 10 Florida/Georgia/Penn State with 90,000-100,000 seat stadiums. We will get killed. Not even close to the same league.

Kind of like LSU in 2012.

1 hour ago, Blazer49 said:

Oh yeah I remember LSU...

IMG_3762 (1).JPG

I knew they were top 10 at the time but not 3. Damn. The first play had me thinking it would be a blow out. They hung in there though

That LSU team had OBJ and Jarvis Landry who were sophomores. Unfortunately, we had to play JMU the following week.

The good thing about playing this game is that we do have a bye.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

That LSU team had OBJ and Jarvis Landry who were sophomores. Unfortunately, we had to play JMU the following week.

The good thing about playing this game is that we do have a bye.

Good point! The bye will pay huge dividends in resting our players with injuries. Hopefull Jabari can return for the UAlbany game

I went to that LSU game (was hoping to swing this weekend's game), and it was an absolute blast to see our team physically battling LSU tooth and nail. I am fine with these games. I just don't want us to ever repeat what we did in 2012 when we played both Kent State and LSU (and I know we probably never will). Also in 2012, we scheduled LSU the week before a big game at James Madison and lost that game. That was a scheduling loss and even though we got ripped off out of playoff spot that year we also did a bad job of scheduling even though it was fun from a fan standpoint. 

This year I think we did it right playing Florida before home games against Albany and Bucknell. Nothing against those teams, but I hope we can win those games no matter what happens this week. The other part about playing top 10 teams compared to decent teams like Maryland and USF is that the top 10 teams take us much less seriously. I mean when Alabama is tied with The Citadel at halftime and we are almost beating No. 3 LSU halftime, you know they are not 100 percent dialed in. Let's roll with the experience, see what happens and use it to our benefit going forward.