• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
DocMinnegan

Rob Ambrose, by the numbers

Towson is now 17-24 since 2013

Towson has now lost 9 of the last 12 CAA games.

Rob Ambrose is now 49-53 overall as the head coach at Towson University. 

In CAA play, Rob Ambrose is 32-38.

Rob Ambrose's contract runs through 2020.  http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/football/bs-sp-towson-rob-ambrose-0108-20140108-story.html

According to the Baltimore Sun, Rob Ambrose's base salary is $334,000http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/bal-how-much-do-maryland-assistants-and-smaller-college-coaches-make-20170525-story.html

I am told that there are less than 600 season ticket holders for 2017. http://www.towsontigers.com/sports/2014/7/29/FB_0729144135.aspx#IndividualGameTickets  

Sadly, I suspect the University doesn’t have a million dollars lying around to buy him out, not to mention the $ we’d then have to pay a new coach.

Numbers don’t lie. Not only are we awful, but we’re boring to boot. Watching this team is a joyless endeavor.

Only 600 season ticket holders? Is that any surprise, given the product that’s being put on the field?

Rob and company are a joke.  He rode the coattails of Terrance west. He is a buffoon and needs to go. Well below 500 coach who couldn’t do anything with great resources  

600 seems high. I had 2 tickets every year after graduating from 2012 season on. Dropped to 1 this year. Used to have 15-20 friends/alum come to games and tailgate. Now lucky to have 4-5.   

Been to Navy umd x2. Wvu ecu UConn frisco and a bunch of can road games. Haven’t missed a home game since 2012 and only once since I became a student in 2008. Next week I will not be in attendance 

It’s a sad commentary when hardcore fans lose interest. If it weren’t for the basketball game next Saturday, I’m not sure I would go to the football game

2020 can not get here soon enough.  Next year will be another debacle 2-3 win season. Just hope the new AD is not fooled if the team pulls off a 6-5 or 7-4 season in 2019 and 2020 with the experience these freshman are getting. Rob needs to go! Should get a "Fire Ambrose" chant going with the 20 Towson fans that are at next week game.  Of course the chicken fans will invade and want us to keep this joke of a coach. Speaking of chickens, have a chance to get to 5-2 with their new first year coach.

UD fired their previous coach & made a good hire with the new one. They might go to the playoffs this season. Perhaps there’s a lesson for us in what UD did.

• Like 1

So we have to wait 3 more years until meaningful change.  As someone mentioned we will be having the same discussion next year and beyond with 4 to 5 win seasons. Maybe TWest was solely responsible for our success and Ambrose just enjoyed the ride...

I get a bit frustrated when we talk about one player because those teams from 2011-13 were more than one guy. Ty Smith, Jordan Dangerfield, Ryan Delaire, Gerard Sheppard, Tom Ryan, Eric Pike, Doug Shaw. They all could play. T-West wasn't solely responsible but he played a big part of course. One of the great FCS running backs of all time. It doesn't hurt to get talent at the skill positions because even a very good back like Darius Victor helped us go 7-4 in 2015. Having West, Grant Enders/Athens and an outstanding line with strong fullback play was the reason we could play smashmouth football, when most teams are going spread. I've said this many times, but if you go back to the yards per carry averages of guys like Dom Booker, they were averaging over 5.0 yards per carry so it wasn't just West that was great. That line was great as well.

Now the talent is down or very young. Our best players (Simpson, Mahalak) are injured. I do think some of these kids have potential like Kobe Young. Though he might go back to the secondary next season. Ultimately, you take a chance on two injury-prone grad transfers on offense, who have been, well...injured or have played very little.

But if Ellis Knudson works out at qb, we're not worried about Mahalak getting injured or Stover going through tremendous growing pains. So many missed opportunities the last few years in the recruiting game have cost us big-time.