• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TSU88

Towson embarrassed 38-21 to Albany

https://towsontigers.com/news/2019/10/12/football-9-towson-downed-on-saturday-night-vs-ualbany.aspx

What a farce. Albany’s WR’s, Jerry Rice & Terrell Owens, with 300 yards receiving. Albany QB Tom Brady with 4 TD’s. Albany’s RB, Jim Brown, with 120 yards.

Our D stinks. Our O had 1 real TD drive today. Flacco was under constant pressure, we have no running game, and I can only assume our receivers were getting no separation while Flacco was running for his life.

4,800 attendance. Who wants to watch this dreck? 

Maybe we beat Bucknell next week, though I wouldn’t assume anything at this point. After that, it is entirely realistic we don’t win another game. I defy anyone to tell me there are any automatic W’s, beyond maybe next week.

This coach has taken us as far as he can. It is time for a change. I’d love to hear his explanation why he didn’t bring in 1 RB in the last recruiting class. And the D coordinator seems to be working wonders 🙄

What a joke

• Like 1

Rob Ambrose is a great football coach and an alumnus of Towson University.  As such he deserves to remain the head coach as he is doing a great job. 4,800 is a great crowd and is another sign that Tim Leonard should be pulling out all of the stops to move up to FBS and getting us in a major conference.  Baltimore's Football Fans are All In on the Tigers. Today's loss is a blip on the radar as the day is quickly approaching that Towson Tiger Football will be on top. I was impressed with the atmosphere around the stadium today, the tailgating, and most of all the students who made a football Saturday on campus the centerpiece of their weekend social calendar.

• Like 1

I honestly feel like that was one of the most lackadaisical efforts I have ever seen. It was a total waste of a beautiful afternoon from my perspective  

Here I was shaking my head as all the students left after the same old same old band performance at half time. Now I realize they were the smart ones for leaving  

Offense and defense we are both horrible. 

Edited by TSU86

5 minutes ago, TSU86 said:

I honestly feel like that was one of the most lackadaisical efforts I have ever seen. It was a total waste of a beautiful afternoon from my perspective  

Here I was shaking my head as all the students left after the same old same old band performance at half time. Now I realize they were the smart ones for leaving  

Offense and defense we are both horrible. 

You need to be looking at the positive points of today's game.

First, the Tiger Marching Band is awesome. John Miliauskas  is one of the most respected musicians in Maryland.  The way that this band has mastered the show that they perform week in, week, out, year after year, is awe inspiring. The original take on the ESPN theme song is also loved by students and alumni, and is globally recognized as a tradition, unique to Towson.

As for football, we were +1 on turnovers, this is a positive.

We averaged 41.7 yards per punt on our 7 punts. Impressive.

We had 6 different receivers catch balls from Tom.

Our Offensive Line only gave up 3 sacks on 33 pass plays, which is nice.

Our offense was 2-2 in the red zone.

We made all 3 extra points and did not miss a field goal.

Our defense stopped Albany on all 3 4th down plays.  Way to step up.

Big things are on the horizon... stay the course.

What we need for our program to get positive is to sign Rob to a long-term deal as there are ADs out there who want to pluck him away.  Do the right thing TL, sign Rob up and lock him down.

BoogerJ, you’re killing it. You’ve given me the only smile I’ve had today. Your thinly veiled (😉) sarcasm is preferable to the reality that is TU football under Rob “Vince Lombardi” Ambrose. 1 championship run, fueled to a large degree by a once in a lifetime player, who fell in his lap, two 1 & done playoff home losses, and the remainder of the seasons have been completely and utterly forgettable. I’m sure he’s scheming up bringing in a slew of FBS transfers in the off-season, who can all tear there ACL’s in week 1, or otherwise languish on the bench

TSU88, keep the faith brother.  I mean with the alternate uniforms, white helmets, and a full staff of coaches personally selected by Rob, albeit for the third time as he's cycled through more than 31 coaches in the  last 11 years, can you imagine the droves of high quality Maryland High School Football Talent that is chomping at the bit to sign on the line which is  dotted and turn  their careers over to the same guy who molded Terrance West into the breakout NFL player that he is today.  That forever bond between Rob and Terrance is the iconic microcosm of what the program under Rob is all about. Two great football talents, Maryland born and bred, with a true father-son bond, always on the same page and working together to deliver Tiger Football and TU to the brink of a national championship. Four years of futility later, the program marches back to the NCAA Playoffs in 2018, only to fall to the top FCS team in the Steel City of Pittsburgh, perrinial football juggernaut Duquesne.  Now, in his 11th season and on his all-time high 4th contract as head coach, paying him over $375,000 a year, Rob Ambrose is thrilling us all with his high octane offense and a bone-bruising defense which today held Albany to only 511 yards in front of a massive crowd of 4,807 fans on a 70 degree cloudy, but non rainy day in October.

Love your stuff Booger. Don’t forget to pay homage to the student section that, according to RA, is feared by the coaches of the CAA. 

BTW - $350k !!!!?????  UGH!!🤮

Edited by TSU86

Relax bro, Rob has this.  Go get a Mich Ultra like Rob, put on a pink shirt, and run your fingers through your RA inspired gelled hair and know that better days are ahead.

1 minute ago, TSU86 said:

Love your stuff Booger. Don’t forget to pay homage to the student section that, according to RA, is feared by the coaches of the CAA. 

Our student section is under investigation from the United Nations for 74 violations of the Geneva Conventions. They way  that they cloak themselves as silver bleachers - it's really quite striking and awe inspiring.