• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TSU88

Towson embarrassed 38-21 to Albany

11 minutes ago, BoogerJ said:

100% correct.  There are no buyouts at Towson. Ever. Why?  There are no revenues at Towson to pay the buyouts, even if the football team makes the playoffs and wins the whole thing it's no profit football.

Go fund me?  Rob go back to storrs Ct!

34 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Is this really college football?Saw a much better game with a dynamite crowd at a HS stadium Friday night. Towson looks like they're playing with ankle weights on in sand - except for #14 - God bless him.

On D, terrible angles to the ball, dline ticketed for loitering, lots of missed tackles everywhere, no ability to adjust to anything. 

On Offense...😶... what the...

Go back to to DIII Towson. You were fun to watch then and 4800 would be a great number again.

lol 4800. Fcs football where about 25% make the playoffs. We can’t consistently in the best conference where a Minimum of wins gets us in. 

55 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Sad, but true. This is why playing a Florida-type game every year is essential. That $500K (I’m guessing, but doubt I’m far off) check from that game probably subsidizes the football program to a large degree

Uh, not even close. The 500K pays RA's salary/benefits plus one of the bottom assistants. Towson is spending around $8.8 million dollars a year on football.

Oh, asking for the pink slip for the coach is absurd. The football program is somewhat relevant and had playoff and championship game appearances. Sure he screws up here and there but he is a decent coach imo. Can't say the same for the guy who coaches men's hoops . 

• Like 1

I know we're banged up on defense but it's not the personnel, it's the scheme.  We could have the members of the 2000 Ravens in their prime as our defense and that scheme would F it up.  Albany looked at that tape of Nova and Florida and they salivated.  Same old shit every freakin week -- let em hit the short stuff, let em convert 3rd and 4th downs, no pressure on the QB, just an absolute sieve.  Only reason why we got 14 points was because Albany stepped on themselves inside their own 10 and gave it to us.  If that's the way we come off a bye week, then we might wanna skip right to hoops season because there ain't much optimism left for this season.

10 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

I know we're banged up on defense but it's not the personnel, it's the scheme.  We could have the members of the 2000 Ravens in their prime as our defense and that scheme would F it up.  Albany looked at that tape of Nova and Florida and they salivated.  Same old shit every freakin week -- let em hit the short stuff, let em convert 3rd and 4th downs, no pressure on the QB, just an absolute sieve.  Only reason why we got 14 points was because Albany stepped on themselves inside their own 10 and gave it to us.  If that's the way we come off a bye week, then we might wanna skip right to hoops season because there ain't much optimism left for this season.

i would say part scheme, part fundamentals and part recruiting. Even though Daniels brought the 3-4, at some point they had to realize with so many new guys up front, we should have stuck with the 4-3. We don’t have the personnel especially at outside linebacker. And all those transfer DLinemen, from what I heard, were banged up other than Vinny. 

Nothing against Gyeni, but he’s a former walk on starting at nose guard. So is Danagogo.  With a four man front, you could had Carter, who was our best lineman last year, just on one side and Quashon Alexander or Bowman on the other with Gibbs, Vinny or Tibo inside. Unfortunately, Tibo is hurt again, Gibbs, Bowman and Alexander have been playing sparingly due to nagging injuries. Bryce Lauer started yesterday and he's a redshirt freshman. Again, I was hoping we'd move somebody on the O-line to the D-Line, since we had so many big bodies.

Obviously we miss Deberry big time at inside linebacker. Everyone knows that, so they are running away from Robert Heyward and at Dixon, who has been decent.

At safety, we look confused. Maybe we miss Jamal Gay (another ACL) but we brought in three transfer safeties. Not getting the job done. At corner, I wondered why would we stay with the same starting duo from last year. Just like running back, we failed address that issue. Yesterday with Shuman out and Javier getting his first start, I knew we’d be in trouble because the QB is outstanding and he has two great receivers. You had to dial up a pass rush and even when we blitzed, we didn’t finish the play. Javier and Gillette might have missed a combined 10 tackles or more.

Scheme? Sure. Fundamentals also seem to be lacking on the back end. Up front, the personnel is there but not sure who is healthy. At least we force a ton of turnovers, which is something Lyndon Johnson and Hach never got accomplished.

I don't know what the hell happened in the offseason. Everything was geared to getting bigger and stronger because we got outmuscled by JMU, Maine and even Duquesne in the rain. We started so damn early in the spring, not sure what you can get accomplished in that bad weather. I would say scrap all that and go back to playing real spring ball in April and not overreact to the Duquesne debacle because we struggled to play in poor conditions.