• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TSU88

Towson embarrassed 38-21 to Albany

This one was on the coaches. No scheme for either offense or defense; no adjustments; middle of the field was open all day for the Albany receivers; other than a few shovel passes at game's end, we kept sending our receivers long -- no crossing routes, no slants, no one coaching the receivers TO COME BACK TO THE QB when he is scrambling for his life; no replacement for No. 25 this year after he got torched all last season -- now he's added horrible tackling skills to his repertoire. Barring a miraculous turn-around, this team is staying home at season's end, and deserves that fate. (RA will cry about injuries, but all teams deal with that, and it's WHY YOU BRING IN A TRANSFER OR FRESHMAN RB...)

Booger, stop, you’re slaying!! First I cried today, now I can’t stop laughing. TU football is truly a rollercoaster 🎢 ride of emotions!!

Just saying any semi normal respecting school would have canned their football and hoops coach before it got to this point.  But hey it’s Towson, extensions for everyone!

I’m going to defer on commenting on the basketball coach for now. I’m cautiously optimistic about the start of the season in 3 weeks. As for football, sadly I suspect we’re stuck with him for at least a few more years. With our luck, he’ll eek into the playoffs in his last year, we’ll lose in the 1st round, but he’ll get a contract extension 

Btw, I agree with TF54-the in-game coaching decisions & lack of adjustments is pitiful 

Is this really college football?Saw a much better game with a dynamite crowd at a HS stadium Friday night. Towson looks like they're playing with ankle weights on in sand - except for #14 - God bless him.

On D, terrible angles to the ball, dline ticketed for loitering, lots of missed tackles everywhere, no ability to adjust to anything. 

On Offense...😶... what the...

Go back to to DIII Towson. You were fun to watch then and 4800 would be a great number again.

44 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Change is needed.  Status quo the apologists will kill his butt as usual

Nobody is happy tonight but they are not buying him out so he's here at least until next year.

4 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Nobody is happy tonight but they are not buying him out so he's here at least until next year.

100% correct.  There are no buyouts at Towson. Ever. Why?  There are no revenues at Towson to pay the buyouts, even if the football team makes the playoffs and wins the whole thing it's no profit football.

Sad, but true. This is why playing a Florida-type game every year is essential. That $500K (I’m guessing, but doubt I’m far off) check from that game probably subsidizes the football program to a large degree