• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Comments before the Comments

Ok, I'll keep it real. Tonight was an effing embarrassment. It starts with Rob, who did not have his players ready for a conference game after a bye, the lack of fundamentals (esp. tackling) from the secondary, the lack of discipline and the lack of creativity on offense. How in the hell can Albany get two of their best receivers open all night and we can't get Leatherbury and Street, our two best receivers open?

I don't believe in paper bags in the stands for what was once the 9th ranked team in the nation coming into this game. I don't believe in firing coaches in mid-season who have 2 years left from an FCS program. I don't believe in overreacting because our offense couldn't move the ball against Albany at home, when we actually moved the ball in the first half against Florida. There is some talent on the offense even without Allen, Kobe, Thompson and Shane Simpson. We've put up points without those guys but tonight/today, there was one long scoring drive. Tom wasn't terrific by any means but he saw pressure all day off the edges. Not a good performance from both tackles.

Defensively, we get abused every game. The only difference was that we didn't tackle at all. Period. I thought the loss of Shuman would hurt and it showed in the second half against Florida when Robert Javier struggled. He and Gillette had rough games to be nice. 

No consistent pressure. Very little adjusting from Daniels. Same guys starting up front. I know Gibbs, Alexander and Bowman are coming back from injuries. We need them to play.

But ultimately, the defense seemingly will never get better for whatever reason under RA. So the offense has to put up 35-40 points per game minimum. 

The unfortunatel thing is that Tom Flacco might be our best quarterback in the history of the program but may never win a playoff game.

Comments from Rob opening

"Congratulate Albany. We came to play football. They came to win. They played harder than we did. Made less mistakes than we did. In multiple phases of the game, beat us. Credit to them. Very well coached, motivated team. We've got to play better."

On big games from two Albany receivers and poor tackling

"I think that's obvious. We did not tackle well. That is obvious. We rushed the passer pretty well at times. Stopped the run at times. We tackled incredibly poorly in space." 

Offense out of sync?

"Not very dynamic in the run game. We got beat up front on occasion which hadn't happened in awhile. We played tougher, longer, bigger guys than that. Not very dynamic. We made too many critical errors at critical times. We dropped balls. Procedure penalties are supposed to be touchdowns. Cannot make those kind of mistakes in this league. Any team in this league can beat any other team in this league on any given day.  You have to bring your A game. They did and we didn't and that's me."

On second half drive late in fourth quarter

"We shot ourselves in the foot. We took a penalty and took ourselves out of it with a penalty."

On secondary, cramping up, injuries

"It is what it is. We've taken hits like everybody else. It's next man up. We have to find a way to pick up those losses. Clearly we haven't done a good enough job coming off the bye, especially in space."

On Albany getting pressure

"Our tackles are two of the better ones in the CAA. Have proven that on film. We just got beat that kids that were highly motivated to beat us. We have to get an internal motivation. They have to look at this as opportunities instead of obligations."

Thank you mat.  It isn’t easy being a Towson fan or covering it.  You are a good alum and fan and we appreciate your work.  

Agree or disagree we all want what’s best for Towson athletics and the university 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerFan54 said:

Are RA's comments still to come?

They came. I had to take a call in the middle of transcribing.

32 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Thank you mat.  It isn’t easy being a Towson fan or covering it.  You are a good alum and fan and we appreciate your work.  

Agree or disagree we all want what’s best for Towson athletics and the university 

I appreciate it. We agree that the team stunk tonight. But you can never count out Rob. He's like the Undertaker. Just when you think he's dead, he rises up (lol).

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I appreciate it. We agree that the team stunk tonight. But you can never count out Rob. He's like the Undertaker. Just when you think he's dead, he rises up (lol).

And like The Undertaker he should have gotten out of the game a few years ago before he became an embarassment. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I feel more confident if any Towson team is picked towards to bottom. That’s just me but we over and under achieve like non other.  We are bottom 5 program consistently but still give this coach extensions.  TIM STOP. it’s time for s change.  Rob got lucky enough with t west and Tom. He’s average at best.  Bottom 5 in caa isn’t good enough.l, Don’t listen to some of these d timers on here. #firerob #paperbags 

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I feel more confident if any Towson team is picked towards to bottom. That’s just me but we over and under achieve like non other.  We are bottom 5 program consistently but still give this coach extensions.  TIM STOP. it’s time for s change.  Rob got lucky enough with t west and Tom. He’s average at best.  Bottom 5 in caa isn’t good enough.l, Don’t listen to some of these d timers on here. #firerob #paperbags 

You can't blame Tim. It's part of the contract. Make the playoffs-get an extension. He's not eating all that money so 2012STOP. If he doesn't make the playoffs this year and certainly next, he'll have a decision to make (assuming he's still around).

He signed an extension in 2014 until 2020. Then got the one-year extension last year, which means I believe, the contract ends in 2021. No way are they paying for 2020 and 2021. But you can't bring a lame-duck coach for one year. That means if he doesn't make the playoffs this year or next, I think it's over. I doubt they pay nearly a million for two years. Then the next coach is going to get more money and they are looking to build more of a football-type of facility (hopefully) like Villanova and others.

4 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

You can't blame Tim. It's part of the contract. Make the playoffs-get an extension. He's not eating all that money so 2012STOP. If he doesn't make the playoffs this year and certainly next, he'll have a decision to make (assuming he's still around).

What other school let’s this crap go on?! Rob you were a great walk on wr for us in the 90s.  Cool man. Your kids can stay on scholly here and we will all buy you a beer after/ at football games. You seem like a great guy and good alum but the team has gotten away from you numerous times. 

Your pink slip has been needed for years now. You can’t coach and keep digging this school deeper in the hole. 4500 and lost to Albany.  Lfmao   Leave take the high road