• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Comments before the Comments

On 10/12/2019 at 10:46 PM, mat1992 said:

You can't blame Tim. It's part of the contract. Make the playoffs-get an extension. He's not eating all that money so 2012STOP. If he doesn't make the playoffs this year and certainly next, he'll have a decision to make (assuming he's still around).

He signed an extension in 2014 until 2020. Then got the one-year extension last year, which means I believe, the contract ends in 2021. No way are they paying for 2020 and 2021. But you can't bring a lame-duck coach for one year. That means if he doesn't make the playoffs this year or next, I think it's over. I doubt they pay nearly a million for two years. Then the next coach is going to get more money and they are looking to build more of a football-type of facility (hopefully) like Villanova and others.

It’s part of the contact. Holy f’ing shit who is his agent?!?  1 year added every time he makes the playoffs?!! 24 of 96 teams make the playoffs. That’s over 25%. WOW. How the hell are we ever going to get rid of his sorry ass. 

So that's 24/126=19.04%

College basketball 68/353=19.26%

That means it is easier to get into the NCAA basketball tournament than it is to get into the FCS playoffs.  Both are more difficult to get into than the men's lax or baseball playoffs.

23 minutes ago, FBS OR BUST said:

There are 126 FCS schools.  Not sure where you get your information

Good Morning Rob!

126 - 10 for the SWAC and 11 for the MEAC who send their conference champs to the Celebration Bowl, - 8 for Ivies who also do not participate, - 2 programs ineligible due to transitioning to FCS level= 95. So damn sorry its actually even a higher %.   

You can also take out another 9 because no Pioneer school will make it as an at large. 

Not sure where you get your information.

Edited by TuTigers2012

13 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It’s part of the contact. Holy f’ing shit who is his agent?!?  1 year added every time he makes the playoffs?!! 24 of 96 teams make the playoffs. That’s over 25%. WOW. How the hell are we ever going to get rid of his sorry ass. 

Incentives for all college coaches are jokes.  UCONN's Randy Edsall has accumulated about $40,000 in bonuses this year even though they have only 1 win this season.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FBS OR BUST said:

Incorrect.  The SWAC and MEAC send the champions to the Celebration Bowl.  All others are eligible for the playoffs as at large's.

Not sure where you get your information Waddel

Yep, you're just proving my point.  2014 there has been 1 at large qualifier in the MEAC/SWAC.  MEAC, SWAC, Pioneer and NEC are not seeing any at larges anymore/ever, which again shrinks the pool.  There's realistically only a handful of conferences that compete for playoff spots in the FCS; Big Sky, CAA, MVFC, SoCon, OVC, Southland and Patriot.  Facts are Facts.

You're living in a dream world if you think they would. Let me guess you think the MAC and Sunbelt teams have a chance for the FBS playoffs if a team runs the table?

4 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Incentives for all college coaches are jokes.  UCONN's Randy Edsall has accumulated about $40,000 in bonuses this year even though they have only 1 win this season.  

You are 1000000% right. I'm surprised some of those haven't been worked in here. My GOD.

image.png.b6d2ae80eba22d17f8dfc13c0fad9616.png