• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
RundaPower

Bucknell Preview

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

You can look at it two ways, good and bad:  UNH- Winner/draw well, JMU- Winner and crazed fan-base, large stadium(Highest student fees in the nation((pretty sure)), Delaware- Old time winner, lots of old alums, big stadium, Nova- wealthy alumni base, hoops $$, WM-wealthy alumni base, Richmond- Wealthy alumni base.   

FBS do you have the numbers? It would be interesting to see.  We have a huge benefit of not having to spend as much on travel as we are centrally located and near an int'l airport. Besides the 3 Northern schools, we can easily busy everywhere. I also heard we bused to Maine this year.. any truth to that??

No...did not bus to Maine. The team flew

2018 Football Budgets

JMU           6,986,110

Delaware    6,265,337

Richmond   6,068,055

Villanova    5,921,525                       

W&M         4,971,542

Stony Br.    4,399,966

UNH           4,142,300

Maine         3,756,246

Towson       3,563,136

Rhode Is.    3,559,524

Elon           3,137,246

Albany        2,191,690

2 minutes ago, FBS OR BUST said:

2018 Football Budgets

JMU           6,986,110

Delaware    6,265,337

Richmond   6,068,055

Villanova    5,921,525                       

W&M         4,971,542

Stony Br.    4,399,966

UNH           4,142,300

Maine         3,756,246

Towson       3,563,136

Rhode Is.    3,559,524

Elon           3,137,246

Albany        2,191,690

where did you get these numbers?

2 hours ago, FBS OR BUST said:

2018 Football Budgets

JMU           6,986,110

Delaware    6,265,337

Richmond   6,068,055

Villanova    5,921,525                       

W&M         4,971,542

Stony Br.    4,399,966

UNH           4,142,300

Maine         3,756,246

Towson       3,563,136

Rhode Is.    3,559,524

Elon           3,137,246

Albany        2,191,690

Those numbers ain’t right. We fly to every game except UD, JMU and Richmond.  We flew to Maine.  Rob was referring to the fans that were driving to Maine in his weekly teleconference that week.  Maine message board was thinking he was talking about the team... wrong.  Understand, we have a full summer session (I know that others in our conf don’t) with walkons attending.  I know Madison and UD move numbers around in their budget and UR ,WM and VU have higher tuition costs.  My understanding is that we are 3rd in “real FB dollars “ and between $29-30million in overall budget.  Overall we are 3rd in AD budgets in the CAA.

Edited by RundaPower

1 hour ago, RundaPower said:

Those numbers ain’t right. We fly to every game except UD, JMU and Richmond.  We flew to Maine.  Rob was referring to the fans that were driving to Maine in his weekly teleconference that week.  Maine message board was thinking he was talking about the team... wrong.  Understand, we have a full summer session (I know that others in our conf don’t) with walkons attending.  I know Madison and UD move numbers around in their budget and UR ,WM and VU have higher tuition costs.  My understanding is that we are 3rd in “real FB dollars “ and between $29-30million in overall budget.  Overall we are 3rd in AD budgets in the CAA.

Woof it that’s true, what a waste. Elon SB Albany, And Nova are all definitely close enough to drive. Hoops does so I assume the Olympic sports do too. 

So you’re saying we spend more but still don’t have results?!

JMU pays about 1.5 mill for football coaches. But 8500 season tickets at 150 a pop covers a decent chunk of that

5 hours ago, RundaPower said:

The team only flies to Maine, URI, Albany, UNH, and Elon in conference.

TUTigers2012--  Google is your friend.  Easy to find.

Rundapower-- Travel is not the biggest part of a budget.  Plus, with Towson being smack dab in the middle of the conference, the travel expenses are probably less than most other schools.

Also, Delaware and JMU offer Cost of Attendance to football players which is a huge advantage.  Word is Villanova and William and Mary will follow suit.

Bottom line is Towson is near the bottom in money spent.  Under Coach Combs they were dead last.  Were also dead last in spending when in the Patriot League.

In basketball, Towson is again 9th in a 10 team league. Only Elon's budget is smaller.

Now go to lacrosse, on the men's side Towson is second in the conference in spending to only Hofstra.

The women are third behind JMU and Hofstra.

Of football, basketball and lacrosse, our big 3, which has been the most successful?  Lacrosse.  Who ranks the highest in budget of those 3?  Lacrosse.  Coincidence? I think not.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:55 PM, BoogerJ said:

Truly, what would change if Towson Football was 6-1 instead of 4-3? Would big numbers of people really be showing up? Would media coverage be more demonstrative?  Would high school students be saying they want to come to Towson?  Would more alumni be donating money to athletics? It's third tier small college football in a pro football city with two FBS football teams already active in the state, and that hierarchy is never, ever changing.  Ravens, Terps, Mids, and everyone else. 

Yeah this is silly. Of course it would change. Would compound two winnings seasons. If any team is lucky enough they can build a winning culture and over time that does have a difference. 

1 hour ago, FBS OR BUST said:

TUTigers2012--  Google is your friend.  Easy to find.

Rundapower-- Travel is not the biggest part of a budget.  Plus, with Towson being smack dab in the middle of the conference, the travel expenses are probably less than most other schools.

Also, Delaware and JMU offer Cost of Attendance to football players which is a huge advantage.  Word is Villanova and William and Mary will follow suit.

Bottom line is Towson is near the bottom in money spent.  Under Coach Combs they were dead last.  Were also dead last in spending when in the Patriot League.

In basketball, Towson is again 9th in a 10 team league. Only Elon's budget is smaller.

Now go to lacrosse, on the men's side Towson is second in the conference in spending to only Hofstra.

The women are third behind JMU and Hofstra.

Of football, basketball and lacrosse, our big 3, which has been the most successful?  Lacrosse.  Who ranks the highest in budget of those 3?  Lacrosse.  Coincidence? I think not.

JMU and UD will start COA next year.  Like I said before,  we never funded FB correctly as an independent, PL or A10 member (deck stacked against Towson/Gordy) until Rob took the job.  We are still adding the pieces to catch UD and JMU. 

Also, I never meant that we should not fly to these games to save money.  

Again,  we are not 9th or 10th in “real money spent “ on the programs.  Our budget is only behind UD and JMU in conference.

COA will be a must for FB in the next year.