• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Tigers, Flacco trounce Bison, 56-7 (story up)

12 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I'd like to see Speight become part of the RB rotation. Small sample size, but he looks more powerful than Feliz-Platt.

Overall, this was the performance we needed, but let's be honest: defenses the rest of the season will be MUCH faster than Bucknell's. 

Also, glad that Clark was back out on the field. 

Lol. Let’s be serious he was d3 for a reason. We aren’t as good as a 56-7 beatdown they laid today and we aren’t as bad a the 56-7 beatdown we will take next week.   Top 35-40 team 7-5 6-6. 

15 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I'd like to see Speight become part of the RB rotation. Small sample size, but he looks more powerful than Feliz-Platt.

Overall, this was the performance we needed, but let's be honest: defenses the rest of the season will be MUCH faster than Bucknell's. 

Also, glad that Clark was back out on the field. 

I wasn't overly impressed with Speight the few times I saw him over the summer but maybe he got better. But I have no issues with giving him some time if Platt continues to average 3.8ypc (before tonight). He did show something in that one drive when he scored. After that, they stacked the box and our backups didn't block as well as the starters.

BTW, Clark played last week. He just didn't do much. He's not much of a blocker so they are limited in what they can do with him. That's why they are using Roman Warheit (6-6, 335), the huge German RT as a tight end when he wears 96. 

Sure, I don't see this as other than about taking care of business against an inferior team. If they are practicing right, well, were they practicing wrong before? I don't know. It's about talent, scheme, making the right decisions. Look at Tom tonight. He took advantage of some strange coverage on Leatherbury, who won't be that open against JMU. But he threw some nice dimes, especially in the corner of the end zone. But he also needs to take off more and not hold the ball too long. Look at the first drive, when had the ball at the 4-yard line. Probably should have called a run but Flacco rolled out, was spinning around, refused to throw it away out of the pocket. Got sacked and lost 10 yards. Then Clark was wide open in the end zone. JMU won't make that same mistake in coverage. Everybody has to step up from Coaches to TF to the line to the D.

A few more things. Speight was a D3 transfer from Susquehanna who was not eligible to play this year because he had to sit out as a transfer moving up (transfers moving down can play right away). So they got a special dispensation a few weeks ago and he's now eligible. He might actually be a factor, especially if there is another injury at running back.

Forgot another injured wide receiver: Caleb Smith. Wasn't sure of the specifics. Just because I'm apparently amazingly old, I went to school (for one year) with his father Rodney, who was a Hall of Fame nose guard and played in the Arena Football League.

21 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

A few more things. Speight was a D3 transfer from Susquehanna who was not eligible to play this year because he had to sit out as a transfer moving up (transfers moving down can play right away). So they got a special dispensation a few weeks ago and he's now eligible. He might actually be a factor, especially if there is another injury at running back.

Forgot another injured wide receiver: Caleb Smith. Wasn't sure of the specifics. Just because I'm apparently amazingly old, I went to school (for one year) with his father Rodney, who was a Hall of Fame nose guard and played in the Arena Football League.

About time a redshirt petition went our way

36 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yeah. Others it seems to not go our way. Could be my imagination. What class is he? Can he play ST?

Well, maybe because he was from a D3 school but whatever. Obviously Enders was a different situation because he played like one series on Holy Cross' JV. I don't know if he can play ST. He's a junior.