• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

No. 2 JMU rolls over No. 17 Towson, 27-10

https://towsontigers.com/news/2019/10/26/football-flacco-hits-career-5-000-passing-yard-mark-16-17-towson-falls-at-2-jmu.aspx

Nothing really surprising about this game. JMU held Towson to just 270 total yards and just 60 rushing yards. Tom Flacco completed 18 of 32 for 210 yards, but was sacked seven times and had one fumble. The offensive line couldn't handle a four or five-man rush. Flacco also held the ball too long at times. The good news is that Jabari had two catches and played a lot in the second half. The bad news was that star receiver Shane Leatherbury appeared to have suffered a head injury when star FS D'Angelo Amos hit him above the shoulders and was ejected. 

Robert Heyward, who had three tackles, was ejected in the first half on a helmet to helmet hit on a kick return. Safety Steven Brown had 11 tackles to lead the Tigers. Brandon Shuman, who was expected to play, was held out again. Freshmen Robert Javier and Jirhe Love both played corner in his place.

Next game will be against Delaware next week at 2pma at Unitas Stadium. They lost to Richmond today, 35-25 at home. At this point, Towson had to run the table to become 5-3 in the league.

I was invited to a Facebook event from my fraternity brother of a tailgate next week vs Delaware. I think we’ll see a big crowd and a W next week 

32 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Is there a clause in the contract where If the team scores double digits against jmu, a 1 year extension kicks in?

Unlikely...don't think we're UCONN.  But there's apparently a clause in your contract to start whining about the coach within 15-20 minutes of a loss.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

If the targeting ejection occurs in the first half, he's only gone for the rest of the game.  Only misses first half of next game if the targeting occurs in the 2nd half.

That's what Spiro said on the broadcast.

21 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Unlikely...don't think we're UCONN.  But there's apparently a clause in your contract to start whining about the coach within 15-20 minutes of a loss.

Hahaha. Good one Chris.  How many times gettin your ass beat until a change is made.  He’s the longest tenured losing coach in the caa for a reason. 

I agree with above that it serves no purpose to repeatedly call for the change in a coach after this season as it will never happen. It would not surprise me to see Ambrose look for a OC job in Power 5 after this season as missing the playoffs again, in 2020, could mean that he gets punted. 

Per the CAA Coaches, Ambrose's record is pretty weak in comparison to the group. Pretty damn weak. Wait for it... it's coming... the excuse parade of injuries (everybody has them) & bad budget (fake news).

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 1.26.49 AM.png

Coaches don’t last forever. I think most know on here that the clock is ticking. Even Rob and his biggest fans. Injuries have been brought up but to his credit, he has not used them as an excuse.

I root for the team no matter what. Not rooting against these kids.Even in PKs last season, when nobody wanted him back, I couldn’t root against the team. 

Gordy was one of the greatest guys I ever covered. He didn’t have the same resources but at some point it’s just time for a change. And Rob was the right guy at the time.

Now, if a change is made in another year, I don’t think you go with an alum. We’re getting closer but Delaware week is now here. No matter if the playoffs are in sight or not, this is a must win game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BoogerJ said:

I agree with above that it serves no purpose to repeatedly call for the change in a coach after this season as it will never happen. It would not surprise me to see Ambrose look for a OC job in Power 5 after this season as missing the playoffs again, in 2020, could mean that he gets punted. 

Per the CAA Coaches, Ambrose's record is pretty weak in comparison to the group. Pretty damn weak. Wait for it... it's coming... the excuse parade of injuries (everybody has them) & bad budget (fake news).

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 1.26.49 AM.png

I am not an Ambrose hater. He is a solid coach and took over at a really down time. However, its  time for a change if we do not make the playoffs this year or next. Worth the risk on greatness to find someone else.

Believe if we are a regular playoff team our fan support would improve. Maybe average 10,000 a game rather than our current 7,000. We averaged 9.300 a game when West was here.