• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
BoogerJ

Head to Head: Hens and Tigers

The committee would find a way to put an 0-11 UNH team in if they could.  Outside of some concord grapes (do those even come from NH?) or a trip to the top of Mt. Washington in February, what else does NH have that's worth a bribe?

6 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

He had all day to throw.  Just stood in the pocket and floated pass after pass to Invincible Jr. Playing 10-15 yards off WR's makes it nice an easy. 

Well, we haven't given as much cushion as last season and 25 and our two freshmen are still getting toasted. At least they were against Albany, who has two very good WRs. They didn't play horribly last game. I think Jirhe Love might be a keeper but nobody can cover guys forever. I don't care how good your corners are. And we're not very good, but hopefully Shuman can finally play. They'll blitz some but IMO, the 3-4 scheme just doesn't suit the personnel. Bryce Carter would perform better as a 4/3 end, but it is what it is.

Amazingly, we still lead the conference in turnover ratio at +8. But last in opponent third down conversions at 48.8%. That's oddly an improvement from last year when we were 40% (opponents converted 60%).. Also 11th in sacks allowed at 24. Who is 12th? Delaware with 28. We do have 15 sacks but not one player with as many as 4.0 sacks.

So Daniels has improved the takeaways and that's about it. More man coverage and more big plays allowed. But last year's offense was more explosive so the defense is even more exposed. Does it ultimately come back to the head coach? Of course it does when you've had three different DC's.

12 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

500 yards allowed a game??!😨

Conference-only stats but sure, that's dreadful.

I'm new to this board, but I wanted to introduce myself as Dan Steenkamer; I am a student journalist and the Delaware "Campus Correspondent" beat writer for HERO Sports FCS. I thought you all might be interested in having a peek at a new story on HEROSports.com: Delaware-Towson Pits Ambrose Brothers Against Each Other In Crucial CAA Game. In the article, Blue Hens head coach Danny Rocco and offensive coordinator Jared Ambrose discuss the significance of the Ambrose-vs.-Ambrose reunion and tackle what makes Tom Flacco so hard to defend as well as Towson's penchant for takeaways.

There is no subscription necessary to view any HERO Sports coverage. I hope you enjoy!

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Dan Steenkamer said:

I'm new to this board, but I wanted to introduce myself as Dan Steenkamer; I am a student journalist and the Delaware "Campus Correspondent" beat writer for HERO Sports FCS. I thought you all might be interested in having a peek at a new story on HEROSports.com: Delaware-Towson Pits Ambrose Brothers Against Each Other In Crucial CAA Game. In the article, Blue Hens head coach Danny Rocco and offensive coordinator Jared Ambrose discuss the significance of the Ambrose-vs.-Ambrose reunion and tackle what makes Tom Flacco so hard to defend as well as Towson's penchant for takeaways.

There is no subscription necessary to view any HERO Sports coverage. I hope you enjoy!

Nice story, Dan. Well done.

18 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Nice story, Dan. Well done.

Second that.  Thank God for the turnovers. Otherwise the defensive numbers would look even worse and we would be 2-6.

Its been 384 days since we've beaten a CAA team at home.

^That’s a BAD stat that needs to be broken . It is strange how we play better on the road and haven’t been able to win at home in over a year. Rob said they focus better after traveling and staying in a hotel on the road away from distractions. But are the beautiful co-ed’s and temptation to go uptown really to blame for dropping games at home?

4 minutes ago, Blounge said:

^That’s a BAD stat that needs to be broken . It is strange how we play better on the road and haven’t been able to win at home in over a year. Rob said they focus better after traveling and staying in a hotel on the road away from distractions. But are the beautiful co-ed’s and temptation to go uptown really to blame for dropping games at home?

Seeing as how they stay in hotels before home games too, that doesn’t quite seem like a good excuse

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Second that.  Thank God for the turnovers. Otherwise the defensive numbers would look even worse and we would be 2-6.

Its been 384 days since we've beaten a CAA team at home.

Wow