• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Another perspective on TF at the next level

25 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Saying he might be suited to the CFL isn’t denigrating his game. It’s simply a recognition that his running abilities, on a wider field, might be an attractive commodity.  Several former CFL QB’s have migrated south an found success in the NFL. “Warren Moon, please report to the White courtesy phone.” 

It means short athletic quarterbacks with average arms. Not anymore. 

Not a very good example about Moon. We all know why Warren Moon went to the CFL and it had nothing to do with height or arm strength

23 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

”Doug Flutie, please report to the white courtesy phone.”

Really? About Warren Moon? Or Flacco. Im sure a lot of people thought 6-1 Gardner Minshew would be a great fit in the CFL. Those smaller guys now have a chance. Not saying he’s automatic but he has a shot because of Minshew, Murray, Brees and Wilson. To a lesser extent Lamar and Taysom Hill

About Flacco, not Moon

I repeat, I’m not denigrating TF. In fact, I hope he makes it in the NFL. Would be great for him & possibly our program. Totally agree QB’s in the NFL don’t have to be 6’4 with a cannon arm. I already acknowledged TF will go to camp with a team. Just curious why you can’t acknowledge in turn that his skill set might play well in the CFL

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

About Flacco, not Moon

I repeat, I’m not denigrating TF. In fact, I hope he makes it in the NFL. Would be great for him & possibly our program. Totally agree QB’s in the NFL don’t have to be 6’4 with a cannon arm. I already acknowledged TF will go to camp with a team. Just curious why you can’t acknowledge in turn that his skill set might play well in the CFL

Because the CFL is basically irrelevant now with nine teams. Sorry Dan Crowley. If he doesn't make the NFL, sure the CFL and if the XFL is still around in 2021,are possibilities. Flacco's skill-set suits the NFL now. Five years ago, he would have almost zero chance and would be a viable option for the CFL. I can't speak for TF, but I'm guessing he'd rather be a backup making low seven figures than becoming a starter in the CFL making low six-figures.

It's one thing if he wasn't getting this kind of attention from the NFL, but he is. Winning more games would be nice but the scouts are looking at his playmaking abilities not whether he throws for 300 yards and 3 TDs every game or if his defense can get off the field on third downs.

But as you said, we'll agree to disagree.

16 hours ago, RundaPower said:

I spoke with an NFL front office administrator who said the opposite.  They know he can play multiple positions and that is a huge asset for him.  $ talk and BS is BS. Teams won’t spend the money to send Scouts in at this time of the year unless he’s real.

I don’t agree with you or mat on this one. Or you nfl scout source. But that’s what makes this site great differing opinions.

The football lovers will say anything to support the team and coach no matter what

9 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I don’t agree with you or mat on this one. Or you nfl scout source. But that’s what makes this site great differing opinions.

The football lovers will say anything to support the team and coach no matter what

Yeah, it must suck to love football. You love taking shots at people. You can't just disagree without doing so. I would never say "those stupid effing Millenials", just because I disagree with somebody.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Yeah, it must suck to love football. You love taking shots at people. You can't just disagree without doing so. I would never say "those stupid effing Millenials", just because I disagree with somebody.

You know what everyone,I was wrong, Toms going to the be the next Tom Brady.  Rob will be next Nick Saban.  Better?

I’m just stating that you, who is heavily involved with the program, and b lounge who is a player coach or someone “close” to the program also, are looking through black and gold colored glasses. Just like I look through pessimistic ones. He’s already older than atleast half of the nfl qbs (some may see this as beneficial some may not)

Sorry for the shot. Again, I hope he makes it if he wants to play, but expectations imo are very low.

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of chance he gets. I’d be surprised if he gets drafted but name alone will get him tryouts. 

The way the NFL has changed you don’t need to be 6’5” to be a QB any longer.