• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

ANOTHER FALL BARBECUE -- TOWSON 31, CHICKENS 24

We don't like to make it easy but the defense FINALLY came up with a big stop at the end to preserve the lead.  Chickens should have never been in this game but we gave them the ball 3 different times on fumbles.  While winning 4 in a row is a tall task, you can't win 4 until you win the first so let's hope this is a nice building block to a super November finish.

• Like 2

Not sure that was a stop -- Henderson has the first down if he doesn't slide too early. But we'll take it. The offense was unstoppable until the C.Smith fumble at the start of the second half, then we suddenly lost our way. Glad we got our mojo back before it was too late. We used a huddle for the first time this season (maybe the first time since 2017). Any idea what the thinking was? (Eat more clock?)

Didn’t get to see the game. But any win against Delaware is a good win.  especially  coming off a loss. Good win! Judging off stats offense looked good just to many turn overs. How did defense play? 

5500 is bad...

also f’ing Richmond and unh won today. Winning out doesn’t guarantee a spot anymore. Stony brook game next week kicks someone out

It would be inconceivable that we wouldn’t make playoffs at 8-4, assuming we get to 8-4. I haven’t done the research, but I’m highly skeptical there’s any precedent for an 8-win team not getting in. The problem with Richmond & UNH winning is that it might eliminate any remote chance we have of getting in at 7-5.

Much as today’s game was a playoff elimination game, so too will be next  Saturday’s game vs Stony Brook. 

Good win. I'll have more on another thread. And by the way, Henderson is coming off a concussion, so when he saw a Towson player going for his head, he slid down. He said in the press conference that he wasn't aware of the down marker after running all over the field.

32 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It would be inconceivable that we wouldn’t make playoffs at 8-4, assuming we get to 8-4. I haven’t done the research, but I’m highly skeptical there’s any precedent for an 8-win team not getting in. The problem with Richmond & UNH winning is that it might eliminate any remote chance we have of getting in at 7-5.

Much as today’s game was a playoff elimination game, so too will be next  Saturday’s game vs Stony Brook. 

They have beaten good/decent teams this year. Our best win is citadel? There just isn’t a signature win right now.   Name recognition goes a long way too. 

Also, I got roasted on here last season for complaining about not being ranked a few weeks in and then not gettin respect.  If we didn’t start top 10 preseason. Do you really think this 4-4 team would have a 21 ranking?