• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Injuries

35 minutes ago, Tigerone94 said:

Pretty sure I heard John Feinstein say on the FloHoops broadcast that TJ is official gone. 

He should have been gone last year...except.......

1 hour ago, Tigerone94 said:

He also said that Timberlake is not playing right now because of a knee to knee collision with another player in practice

Yes, that I heard tonight. He could play against Florida. Not a serious injury.

2 hours ago, Tgr4life said:

He should have been gone last year...except.......

??  I’m surprised he didn’t leave after last year, you could just see he was frustrated and wanted no part with the team or staff.  Had the same look and body language that the other quitters had

Probably good for both the player and the team. We’re fairly deep up front, with Sanders, Thompson, Gray & Tunstall & this gives Solomon time to rehab and have 3 years of eligibility left.

We need Timberlake to come back so we can have depth in the backcourt 

36 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Probably good for both the player and the team. We’re fairly deep up front, with Sanders, Thompson, Gray & Tunstall & this gives Solomon time to rehab and have 3 years of eligibility left.

We need Timberlake to come back so we can have depth in the backcourt 

Hopefully 3 years of Thompson and little U and 2 of big U together make our front court dominant

This was a no-brainer. If Solomon were healthy, I'm still not sure where he would have fit in and there's Juwan Gray. But with the injury, the scope, etc., he really fell behind the frontcourt guys. I think if Sanders was still hurt, maybe he would still be active. But hopefully Solly works on his game and comes back hungrier, but he's going to have to beat out Thompson and Gray up front next season. The good thing is that he'll have three years left and two with his brother.

My worry (re Solly redshirting) is what happens if others go down with injuries? Obviously, he was going to be restricted whether he chose surgery or not, but I'm crossing my fingers that the injury bug leaves us alone for the rest of the year.

On another topic: Did anyone else notice that W&M hung with Oklahoma the entire game (in fact, they led for most of it) and that Knight was unstoppable? If he repeats that performance throughout the season he'll be the POY and the Tribe may finally get to the dance.