• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Injuries

Not going to get specific because GW is probably going to read this board. I heard everybody was back today for the morning scrimmage save for one player on crutches. Apparently, our young PG has played well in these closed scrimmages. But not sure of the extent of the injury and it is a key player. Hell, we play 10 or 11, so basically they are all key players.

Without giving predictions (I picked us 5th without seeing the team), I'm pretty pumped to see this team in action against GW. No reason we can't be uptempo and shoot from distance with Gray now on the team. That will also allow Fobbs to be even better (he's stronger) and can go right some.

Damn the injury sounds disappointing. Beyond gw does it seem season ending?

glad the freshman pg has played well. Hoping skerry lets him play, even if he may not be up to his defense standards. 

Sounds like a state secret of the injured player...HOWEVER, it does give Skerry a built in excuse before the season starts. Sounds like an extension to me!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Sounds like a state secret of the injured player...HOWEVER, it does give Skerry a built in excuse before the season starts. Sounds like an extension to me!!!!!!!!!!

If it’s posted in the game notes, I’ll talk about it. Has nothing to do with Skerry.

Any reason to think the team will play faster this year as you mention with the uptempo comment?  Skerry's best teams have typically been middle of pack tempo wise whereas teams like last year he controlled tempo in the 300s to manage the game a bit more. 

First off, welcome to the board. That's the hope. That we push the ball more. Last year, well, we basically kind of knew the team was a work in progress. No Zane. No Gorham. A lot of new pieces. Some worked, some didn't. Subpar guard play. Timberlake hurt early on (he is fast). I think with Gisoebson and Dottin, they can push it some, though we're not incredibly fast and athletic. Depends on who is on the floor. Next season, we should be very athletic with Mims, the three new freshmen and big Vic up front.

Now with a freshman point guard, I can see some uptempo when it's there, but you also want to limit the turnovers. But let's be honest. Other than Sanders, this team really has few low-post options. It's going to be a 1 in, 4 out type of deal. And if Tunstall starts, he's not a low-post bruiser. So four guys on the perimeter that can shoot the three including Juwan Gray, Fobbs, Gibson and Betrand/Timberlake/Howard. Tunstall has a little bit of a mid-range jumper. Sanders actually can shoot the three some. So I can sense that we will take more threes than ever before in the Skerry era. Of course, they still want to drive and get to the basket when it's there. 

Can we identify the mystery player yet?  It will be public in a matter of hours anyhow.  Guessing it is Timberlake....looking forward to tonight’s game.  Excited to see what Gray can do 

1 hour ago, tu_fan said:

Can we identify the mystery player yet?  It will be public in a matter of hours anyhow.  Guessing it is Timberlake....looking forward to tonight’s game.  Excited to see what Gray can do 

Yes