• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Athletic Department Ideas/Suggestions

13 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

I had brought this up in a thread a year or so ago and I think it deserves repeating.  I look at a school like Grand Canyon.  It's located in the middle of Phoenix, which is a hotbed of major league sports not to mention having Arizona State right down the street, and numerous other nightlife opportunities.  Last year, they averaged almost 7200 fans for a school that has 20,000 on campus.  They've only been D-1 for 6-7 years and yet, they've immediately built it into numerous sellouts and that's with playing a WAC (not whack/wack/whatever) schedule.  So I'd say that our people should be taking a field trip to Phoenix (it's nice this time of year) and pick the brains of the GCU people and find out how they can attract such a large amount of people to their games.  

Bingo. I've decided our athletic department/administration needs help if they can only get 6,000 for Homecoming. The Homecoming crowd was the worse in 10-15 years.

So, in typical Towson athletics fashion, their giveaways/promotions have been a failure.  The dollar hot dog night was for the first 50, yes 50, people.  When I inquired about the magnetic schedule and T-Shirt the last 2 games, no event staff or ticket scanner had a clue what I was talking about. 

Crowd was 1,823 last night. Really got loud late in the game even though the offense didn’t give them much to cheer about. Can only imagine what 3,000 strong would sound like if the team can continue to improve.

38 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Crowd was 1,823 last night. Really got loud late in the game even though the offense didn’t give them much to cheer about. Can only imagine what 3,000 strong would sound like if the team can continue to improve.

Wonder what they drew post 10-1 start

3 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Wonder what they drew post 10-1 start

Morgan game to go 9-1, 2,456 *** Largest game since Senior night 2/18/17, When JD came back

UMBC game to go 10-1 1,632 (Saturday)

First 3 conference games, 1,251(Fri), 1,410(Sun), 1,257(Thurs)

First Conf game with students 2,076 (Sat)  Senior Night (sat) 1,271

55 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Morgan game to go 9-1, 2,456 *** Largest game since Senior night 2/18/17, When JD came back

UMBC game to go 10-1 1,632 (Saturday)

First 3 conference games, 1,251(Fri), 1,410(Sun), 1,257(Thurs)

First Conf game with students 2,076 (Sat)  Senior Night (sat) 1,271

I bet half those attendees at the Morgan game were Morgan students. Lol. Seems like we peek at 2k

17 minutes ago, sr16 said:

I bet half those attendees at the Morgan game were Morgan students. Lol. Seems like we peek at 2k

Eh, there were a decent amount of morgan people there, mostly older folks.  

There's no reason the bottom bowl shouldn't be full for most games, especially weekend ones. But when you have 75-300 students at most, attending, it doesn't help out the numbers

21 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Eh, there were a decent amount of morgan people there, mostly older folks.  

There's no reason the bottom bowl shouldn't be full for most games, especially weekend ones. But when you have 75-300 students at most, attending, it doesn't help out the numbers

Yes. Even our basketball attendance has dropped. We go from 10,000 students in the 1980's to 23,000 and we draw the same number of students? We also have 9,000 more students living within 2 miles of campus compared to the 1980's. School administration has done a poor job.

37 minutes ago, Tigerfan said:

Yes. Even our basketball attendance has dropped. We go from 10,000 students in the 1980's to 23,000 and we draw the same number of students? We also have 9,000 more students living within 2 miles of campus compared to the 1980's. School administration has done a poor job.

If there were 300 there last night, after halftime when the greek kids who were only there for greek night (waste of time, they dont bring anything to sporting events), took their little pictures and left, it was down to 50 or so.