• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Athletic Department Ideas/Suggestions

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

@sr16 you should DM him on Twitter and get him to join the forum and tweet out to get more people on here

Sorry I meant had*** And 2012 when he was a student dude was at EVERY single game. Probably not the guy to question his Towson spirit lol. But I can definitely shoot him a DM 

Edited by sr16

18 hours ago, sr16 said:

Sorry I meant had*** And 2012 when he was a student dude was at EVERY single game. Probably not the guy to question his Towson spirit lol. But I can definitely shoot him a DM 

HAHA. Believe what you want..

21 hours ago, sr16 said:

2012 might bitch and complain a lot but dude puts his money where his mouth is. Season tickets to basketball and football every year and gives back to athletics. Hope the horse is doing the same after he graduated. 

3 hours ago, TowsonTiger11 said:

2012 might bitch and complain a lot but dude puts his money where his mouth is. Season tickets to basketball and football every year and gives back to athletics. Hope the horse is doing the same after he graduated. 

I'm an asshole who likes to complain, but I'm an asshole who likes to complain and wants desperately for TU athletics and the University to succeed.

Back on the topic of what can be done better... I noticed on Twitter that JMU has a barstool sports page (sports is used lightly now, I know) and they were trash talking with Monmouth's one before the playoff game last week. Looking at the page, it seems they are really into promoting the schools sports programs, whereas ours doesn't. Maybe someone can reach out and try to improve ours? Having an unofficial TU athletics fan's twitter wouldn't be a bad idea either, IMO.

4 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I'm an asshole who likes to complain, but I'm an asshole who likes to complain and wants desperately for TU athletics and the University to succeed.

Back on the topic of what can be done better... I noticed on Twitter that JMU has a barstool sports page (sports is used lightly now, I know) and they were trash talking with Monmouth's one before the playoff game last week. Looking at the page, it seems they are really into promoting the schools sports programs, whereas ours doesn't. Maybe someone can reach out and try to improve ours? Having an unofficial TU athletics fan's twitter wouldn't be a bad idea either, IMO.

Isn't there a Barstool Towson? Not sure getting into Twitter wars with an opponent helps the program or will bring more fans. I guess it wouldn't hurt but JMU has a lot to brag about, at least in football. Not really in hoops.

^they should pay for Instagram influencers to promote the games and post pictures. TowsonDaily, Towson barstool, and the most attractive girls/guys on campus should be incentized to post gameday promotions

19 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Barstool might not be the best place to go to promote the institution...but whatevs. I don’t mind trying to win, but I think we’ve demonstrated that, in rare circumstances only, does winning really matter that much. All that being said I’m helping recruit someone today.

12 minutes ago, towson2006 said:

Barstool might not be the best place to go to promote the institution...but whatevs. I don’t mind trying to win, but I think we’ve demonstrated that, in rare circumstances only, does winning really matter that much. All that being said I’m helping recruit someone today.

I'm not saying it's the best course. But unofficially if they were to mention that there's a game, and who they are playing, etc it wouldn't hurt. I might be generalizing, but isn't their following mostly young fratty guys who are into sports? If so, that would be a target demo to get butts into seats/more interest in the program. 

8 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I'm not saying it's the best course. But unofficially if they were to mention that there's a game, and who they are playing, etc it wouldn't hurt. I might be generalizing, but isn't their following mostly young fratty guys who are into sports? If so, that would be a target demo to get butts into seats/more interest in the program. 

If we had a following this thread doesn’t exist. It’d be cool to see it happen.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:20 PM, towson2006 said:

This is exactly the problem with Towson Athletics.

When a, assistant professor, who self-proclaims to be active in the recruiting process, actually questions if winning really matters, it's tremendously revealing as to the vibe surrounding the program. Does the school really care? Should they really care?

For all of the hysteria that comes from this board and the 4-5 dozen people who actually post, the reality is that in the big picture, no one on campus, save for the players, their girlfriends and the coaches really cares about winning or losing.  

Playing North Dakota State is nostalgic and perhaps significant in the FCS world, but that game is a likely Towson loss, as is the game the following week, cross-country, at San Diego State.  If the CAA puts a tough game in there on September 11 following the September 4 opener at Morgan State, this could be a really rough start to the 2021 season. Tigers need to go 7-1 in the CAA or likely will be at home again in the playoffs.  It's a name opponent, but none of the students who will be in school in 2021 will care about the 2013 National Championship rematch hype - to them, it's just another game against a FCS opponent.

And the chance that NDSU is going to bring thousands of fans to this game is remote. 

Honest question... who is the head coach of Towson in 2021?