• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Athletic Department Ideas/Suggestions

59 minutes ago, BoogerJ said:

This is exactly the problem with Towson Athletics.

When a, assistant professor, who self-proclaims to be active in the recruiting process, actually questions if winning really matters, it's tremendously revealing as to the vibe surrounding the program. Does the school really care? Should they really care?

For all of the hysteria that comes from this board and the 4-5 dozen people who actually post, the reality is that in the big picture, no one on campus, save for the players, their girlfriends and the coaches really cares about winning or losing.  

Playing North Dakota State is nostalgic and perhaps significant in the FCS world, but that game is a likely Towson loss, as is the game the following week, cross-country, at San Diego State.  If the CAA puts a tough game in there on September 11 following the September 4 opener at Morgan State, this could be a really rough start to the 2021 season. Tigers need to go 7-1 in the CAA or likely will be at home again in the playoffs.  It's a name opponent, but none of the students who will be in school in 2021 will care about the 2013 National Championship rematch hype - to them, it's just another game against a FCS opponent.

And the chance that NDSU is going to bring thousands of fans to this game is remote. 

Honest question... who is the head coach of Towson in 2021?

Yep.  Good points Boog.  "self proclaimed."!

2021 was going to be tough no matter who was on the schedule, because hopefully we have a new coach.  37-46 career record without West (not even counting FBS games). 2 winning seasons in the CAA without West. Never finished higher than 3rd... but yeah sure he's a "good coach"

That's now over 100 posts and nearly 4,700 views in six weeks for this thread for a program that nobody cares about with just 10-12 regular posters.

On 12/13/2019 at 8:39 AM, Blounge said:

^they should pay for Instagram influencers to promote the games and post pictures. TowsonDaily, Towson barstool, and the most attractive girls/guys on campus should be incentized to post gameday promotions

I actually help run the ads/sales for TowsonDaily so if anyone knows anyone in the admin who wants to promote there. Feel free to message me :)

23 minutes ago, Blounge said:

^ but of those 4,700 how many actually attended a game this season?

Views, not people. I’m not going to throw out something negative and cynical every time I post. (not directed at you or one individual). Occasionally, I do see a glimmer of hope. 

49 minutes ago, Blounge said:

^ but of those 4,700 how many actually attended a game this season?

I bet 99% of those views were from the logged in posters here with an account. I also bet that 90% of the people who have posted on here have been to at-least 1 football and or hoops game this season.

6 hours ago, mat1992 said:

That's now over 100 posts and nearly 4,700 views in six weeks for this thread for a program that nobody cares about with just 10-12 regular posters.

100 posts and 4,700 views is what Maryland's page has in a day.  It takes Towson 6 weeks. You're making the Towson2006 point here Mat. Save for the small group here, it's a pretty small circle of give a shit.

2 hours ago, BoogerJ said:

100 posts and 4,700 views is what Maryland's page has in a day.  It takes Towson 6 weeks. You're making the Towson2006 point here Mat. Save for the small group here, it's a pretty small circle of give a shit.

Start small dude. I don't give a shit about Maryland's many message boards. I'm doing my best to drum up support and I just won't kill the program at every turn. It's counterproductive but have at it. I'm not f-ing naive. I know we have problems. We're minor league to Maryland's major league and they suck compared to the big boys.

The day I become most of those that don't give a shit, is the day somebody else can run this board.

• Like 1

More ideas.

Start promoting the CAA tournament. The CAA promo video at the holiday hoop-fest was nice and well done. Put it on our video board. It is in our backyard and there's no reason to not get a decent crowd there. it is a day trip for most alum. Get the DC alumni chapter involved in this.

Tickets for the tournament. Start advertising and selling them at the upcoming games.  Notify season ticket holders where the team hotel will be and offer room blocks for TAF members and ticket holders. Can we run a shuttle from the hotel to the arena?
For the few students who do come to multiple games, can we get the top 50-75 who come to home games (should be easy to track with swiping of the ID?), and get them a free shuttle bus down to the tourney and game tickets?? Reward the ones who show up!  Also, please offer a bus to games for every student. A trip to DC and back cannot be that much money. Academy bus advertises at the games, can someone in athletics reach out to them to get a trip donated??

Edited by TuTigers2012
  • Like 1