• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Athletic Department Ideas/Suggestions

Food truck idea is a good one. Shouldn’t cost much because these trucks are looking for business. Also like the voucher giveaway idea. Draws students for the game and keeps students at the game for much longer than they have been staying. 

Here are the same ones that I keep saying, mostly in regards to game-day/facilities:

I know some are not feasible, but they are a dream.

-Better food options (especially at SECU)  Coming from work and the only options are hot dogs and cold pizza? Come on!

-Bring back the lounge with food and beers at SECU

-Better music, graphics, and PA at events. Please update! They are old, corny and not good.

-Play highlights on the big screens before the game, from the previous game(s), instead of the stupid "whose who at TU?!"  Play recordings of the players/coaches practicing and or speaking so we get to know them better.

-Stop the outdated "ITS TIME TO HEAR THE ROAR IN BALTIMORE!" In front of 4K at Unitas and 900 at SECU

-Move the students back to the visitors side at SECU.  Why are the few that are there on the home side?! (I know why, but...) 

-Give out of town scores 

-Better giveaways for students and regular fans

-"Family deals"  4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 drinks and 4 Towson hats, $50

-Do what the Orioles do, Kids Cheer Free.  The money off of the parents tickets, plus food and drink and a souvenir is worth it.

-Paint the seats Black. The gold looks awful in the lower level, this was the biggest blunder of SECU design/construction

-Remove the track and move the scoreboard closer.

-Sell Premium tailgate parking on the open side of the stadium. Around 20-25 cars, where they can pull up behind the endzone (where the scoreboard is) and park and tailgate all game.

-Easier in and out of Auburn Drive, especially for football games/tailgating.

-Besides the first home game of the football season, try and schedule them all for 3:30.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

There was a full-page ad in the Sun's front section on Sunday for the b-ball double-header on Tuesday. Not sure it reached the target audience, but it will be interesting to see how many people show up. (A full-page ad had to be expensive -- 10K, I would think.)

No way. I work in digital marketing if people are paying 10k on a placement in the Sun they are missing out on some other great opps

Truly truly the head of greek life NEEDS to be involved. BUT the school has to let them be. During my time at Towson. Wherever greek life went, the rest of the students followed. Bar, party, tailgate. I personally set up the last tailgate in Dec of 2016. I have a picture somewhere of the facebook event I created (maybe like 400 said they are going and it popped off) and reached out to social chairs of each frat / sorority. People legitimately just didnt know we could tailgate again. And that was a couple years after the debacle. Its simple but things like ALLOWING student groups like greek life to fly their flags and represent their organization. small details that I still blame deb morarity (sp) for. Dont know if she is even still there. But its about forming those relationships. 

• Like 1

Also, whoever runs the Towson Football social media should shout out this forum to get more people’s feedback and engagement. It seems that the people on the message board are the biggest fans and care the most of anyone about the program so you want to make sure those voices are heard!

• Like 2

Obviously, a key is to get more students involved - there's been a number of comments about that  ….. but I've always thought they should be giving away a lot of tickets , to all games, throughout the community. Rec leagues, high schools, churches. scout troops, etc. Let the parents see what a great value TU sports can be, and hopefully cultivate some fans ….. young and old.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TSU86 said:

Obviously, a key is to get more students involved - there's been a number of comments about that  ….. but I've always thought they should be giving away a lot of tickets , to all games, throughout the community. Rec leagues, high schools, churches. scout troops, etc. Let the parents see what a great value TU sports can be, and hopefully cultivate some fans ….. young and old.

This. Hence my "Kids Cheer Free" and family pack idea.