• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Latest CAA Standings

Al David said it best just win, baby win! Gotta get two W’s to go dancing. I didn’t understand the hero sports article was saying that we would miss out based on what happened to Elon last year. Seems irrelevant. 

I’d also be interested to know the numbers of how many people are subscribed to FloSports and tune into our games. I hope they do away with them next year.

7 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Gotta think 2 wins and we are in no matter what anyone else does, no?

Yes, but weirder things have happened. If Nova, and UNH win out, both are in along with JMU. Do they take 4 CAA teams in a down year, after what happened last year?  It would be interesting because then we would most likely play the Patriot, NEC or Big South Champ in, Lafayette, CCSU or Monmouth.

5 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Al David said it best just win, baby win! Gotta get two W’s to go dancing. I didn’t understand the hero sports article was saying that we would miss out based on what happened to Elon last year. Seems irrelevant. 

I’d also be interested to know the numbers of how many people are subscribed to FloSports and tune into our games. I hope they do away with them next year.

The article was written before last weeks game. But still odd... Elon lost their RB later in the year than we lost Shane, they started 6-2 with a win over JMU, we haven't beaten anyone good and started 3-3, They played 10 games, we are playing 12, They lost 2 straight to end the year, If we lose 2 we would be out, (losing 1 also eliminates us). Literally nothing is similar.

LOL NO! we are stuck with Flo in the CAA like we are stuck with Rob and Skerry.

2019 Football Standings

2019 Football Standings
SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
James Madison 7-0 1.000 10-1 0.909 W10
Albany 5-2 0.714 7-4 0.636 W2
Villanova 4-3 0.571 8-3 0.727 W2
Towson 4-3 0.571 7-4 0.636 W3
Maine 4-3 0.571 6-5 0.545 W4
New Hampshire 4-3 0.571 5-5 0.500 L2
Richmond 4-3 0.571 5-6 0.455 L2
Delaware 3-4 0.429 5-6 0.455 W1
Elon 3-4 0.429 4-6 0.400 L2
Stony Brook 2-5 0.286 5-6 0.455 L3
William & Mary 2-5 0.286 4-7 0.364 L1
Rhode Island 0-7 0.000 2-9 0.182 L2

• Like 1

So Albany lost two non-conference games. One to Western Michigan, understandably to an FBS program. They also lost at Monmouth in OT. That doesn't look quite as bad because they are 9-2 this season and are going to the playoffs having won the Big South (yes, Monmouth is in the Big South).

I'm not sure just stacking your schedule with the easiest games, avoiding an FBS game if you can, is still not the best strategy.  Who doesn't have sour feelings over the way we were treated by being left out of the 2012 playoffs.  Anyone who has been watching this program knows that that 2012 team was a special team.  Many believe it was better than the 2013 team, and that is not in any way an exaggeration.  Better than the team that went to the National Championship and the selection committee left that team out of the field of 24.  That 2012 team placed a 60 burger on New Hampshire at their place in the last game of the season and yet the committee put NH in the tournament and left us out.  Just a scandal.  They have the ability to make bad decisions.

I mention this because I do not think it is a lock by any means.  Even with a win, from what I read, there are only a few spots we can fit into when you take into consideration what teams most, analysts believe are in and/or who have easy last games.  There are not a lot of spots left barring some major upset. 

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17995

If you look at the above site, it has us as the 6th best team in the country (that is what power rankings are supposed to do in terms of a measure that is equalizing everything).  This site explains its calculations at arriving at these rankings.  And yet if you go to their bracketology, they have us out of the playoffs.  Also take into consideration they have the Colonial as the best conference in the FCS. 

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/17989

Believe me, the committee is more than capable of leaving us out and this wouldn't even be as an unfair as 2012.

2 hours ago, omniland said:

I'm not sure just stacking your schedule with the easiest games, avoiding an FBS game if you can, is still not the best strategy.  Who doesn't have sour feelings over the way we were treated by being left out of the 2012 playoffs.  Anyone who has been watching this program knows that that 2012 team was a special team.  Many believe it was better than the 2013 team, and that is not in any way an exaggeration.  Better than the team that went to the National Championship and the selection committee left that team out of the field of 24.  That 2012 team placed a 60 burger on New Hampshire at their place in the last game of the season and yet the committee put NH in the tournament and left us out.  Just a scandal.  They have the ability to make bad decisions.

I mention this because I do not think it is a lock by any means.  Even with a win, from what I read, there are only a few spots we can fit into when you take into consideration what teams most, analysts believe are in and/or who have easy last games.  There are not a lot of spots left barring some major upset. 

If you look at the above site, it has us as the 6th best team in the country (that is what power rankings are supposed to do in terms of a measure that is equalizing everything).  This site explains its calculations at arriving at these rankings.  And yet if you go to their bracketology, they have us out of the playoffs.  Also take into consideration they have the Colonial as the best conference in the FCS. 

Believe me, the committee is more than capable of leaving us out and this wouldn't even be as an unfair as 2012.

Only 20 teams made it in 2012. Yeah..I'm starting to feel the same. The CAA was not good last year in the playoffs and that, along with our huge laid egg, can hurt us.  The fact that the bubble teams in the conference are Towson and Albany, makes it easier for the "committee" to leave out. If the same schedule, record and results were attached to the Blue Hen, UNH, or Richmond logo, those teams would already be in.

The fact that we have played Maine, Albany and Nova, hurts as well, due to the unwritten "no rematch in the first round."  

One in and one out:

http://www.nobowls.com/

2 hours ago, omniland said:

Agree, that 2012 team could very well have won the National Championship.

The committee also looks at how you end your season. The fact that the CAA will have 4 teams and we have lost to the other 3 CAA playoff teams and UFL are major factors.  I expect a bid (with a win Saturday)with a home game against Monmouth.However, I will never forget that Sunday back in 2012.

Edited by RundaPower

Obviously we need to win, and convincingly, to get in and good spot. Other games of interest:

Stony Brook over Albany- knocks Albany down to 7-5

Southern Utah over North Dakota- Knocks ND to 6-5

NDSU over SIU- Knocks SIU to 7-5 (FBS Win)

Kentucky over UT-Martin- Knocks UTM to 7-5 (2 FBS/SEC losses)

SELa over Nicholls St- Knocks Nicholls to 7-5 (2 FBS losses)

Murray State over SEMO- SEMO would go to 7-4 (8-4 but 1 Non D1 Win)

Eastern KY and J'State play each other, both are 6-5. J'State at 7-5 would be close to getting in off name recognition

Gardner Webb over Kennesaw -- Kennesaw is the team I see as stealing a bid from a CAA team. They play no one and with a win would be 8-2 (2 non D1 wins). Coaches poll loves them and have been ranked all year.

Citadel and Maine winning to go 7-5 would also help us if we win.